Saturday, April 23, 2011

Change in birth control pill

Hubby was at the pharmacy the other day and I asked him to pick up my prescription for the pill. Apparently there was some hullabaloo with the pharmacy techs and the pharmacist and he texted me "What a mess. I hope they gave you the right script".

Great...

He gets home and the pills are Z.arah. Previously I was taking Oc.ella which is generic for Ya.smin. Supposedly the pharmacy can't get Oc.ella anymore so they gave me the Za.rah. After doing some quick investigating, it doesn't sound the like people like the Z pill very much. There is a lot of talk about breaking out, a lot of weight gain, headaches and some mood issues after switching from O.

This is not good. Not good at all.

As you may remember. I'm already over weight. I'd really like to not break out like a teenager again AND my moods have enough issues thankyouverymuch!

I think on Monday I'll call my doc to see what the scoop is on O. If it really isn't offered anymore I guess I'll have to move on to something else, but I want to hear from HIM as to what that should be and not let the pharmacist make that decision. I'm really not on the pill for birth control...I need it because my hormones are on crack.

Geesh. Always somthin'...

No comments: