Sunday, May 22, 2011

Busy, busy!

What a crazy busy last couple of weeks! Kaitlyn got sick almost two weeks ago. She ended up with croup - which is a nasty bug. Poor kid. I took her to the doc on a Tuesday. He gave her a Rx for a steroid pill that would help keep down any swelling in her throat from all the coughing. Amazingly her cough went away pretty quickly - within a couple of days, but all the snot stuck around. I took her back to the doctor on Friday because it looked like she was getting a sinus infection. Sure enough she had one, so we started her on antibiotics. It was a slow road, but she eventually got better. Now almost two weeks later from when it all started she still has a bit of a cough although it's really mild and her nose isn't running anymore - yay!

In the meantime, Natalie was totally fine. She never even had a sniffle...until last Tuesday. She started out being stuffy, then snotty, then the snot turned colors and she had a mild fever (100.3). I took her in on Friday just to make sure there wasn't anything going on with her ears or sinuses. Ears looked fine, and she was borderline whether or not she had a sinus infection. He gave me a script and said if she got worse we could fill it. We haven't. She never really got worse. She's still a little snotty, but it hasn't gotten nastier and the amount is less.

Can I just tell you how exhausting it is to have sick children. Seriously. I thought I've been sleep deprived just having twins, but geesh. And, can I just say how fortunate I know that we are that our girls have not gotten sick up until this point. That is just amazing! During Kaitlyn's bout we ended up staying several nights at my parent's house so we didn't keep Hubby and Natalie up. And for a couple of days in there I felt like I had caught a bug. Thankfully it didn't really amount to much.

Unfortunately, Hubby is not as fortunate. He woke up this morning sick. Poor guy.

In other news, the girls first birthday is in four days!! I can't believe we are almost there! We are having a party on Saturday for them. It's interesting planning a party. I've attended so many, but never actually planned a birthday party. And, um...they aren't cheap. We are by not means doing anything remotely extravagant, but wow. Cake alone is going to be $30. It should be fun though. I've picked out matching outfits and shoes. They will be so cute.


I will post pics next weekend!

No comments: