Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A couple of firsts...

My first mother's day...well...it was okay. Actually it wasn't the greatest day and  I looked forward to going to work on Monday. Don't get me wrong it wasn't horrible, but...

My mom and I got to go shopping for a couple of hours by ourselves which was nice, but she wanted to buy me an outfit and I felt like crap. I had to try on HUGE sizes and nothing fit right. It was really depressing. I didn't get anything and she was bummed she couldn't get me anything, which made me feel worse. Then I come home to crabby kids and a crabby husband. I was crabby. It wasn't pleasant. It did end on a positive note. My dad bought some steaks to bbq with baked potatoes. It was yummy.

Another first is our first sick kid. Yep, we made it over 11 months without illness. Kaitlyn came down with croup. It is not fun at all. We visited a friend of mine last week and her kid was sick - I didn't know when I went over there. By Friday K was stuffy, and I'm pretty sure that's why she was so crabby on Sunday. Monday afternoon she started coughing and then in the middle of the night she woke up with the "barking" cough. Poor kid sounded terrible. I took her to the doc today. There sadly isn't any drugs we can give her to help the cough since she's so young. She did get a dose of some kind of steroid to make sure all the coughing doesn't make her throat swell and make it hard for her to breathe. The only other thing we can do it give her cool moist air. Either cranking the hot water in the shower with the bathroom door open to keep it cool or walking around in evening air.

She's actually been doing pretty good, considering. She still plays and crawls around, but she tires really easy and is super cuddly (which is rare :0))

Now Natalie doesn't have a first...but she's just sprouted her 5th tooth. She just broke her two top teeth in the last week and today I noticed one more on the bottom. That explains her crabbiness on Sunday too.

Whew, lots going on lately. I'm pooped. Off to bed I go, and hope that Kaitlyn can sleep okay.

No comments: