Sunday, November 27, 2011

Turkey days!

We had two Thanksgivings this year. With the whole mess with my family, me and the girls went to their house on Friday. Thursday though, was spent at Hubby's mom's/boyfriend's house. The girls were pretty good over all. They actually had dinner with us. They are so excited about using their spoons and bowls now, it's easy to get them to eat foods they normally wouldn't if it was just on their tray. We discovered Natalie really likes black olives and they both chowed down on sweet potatoes. Here are some pics from the first day...





Friday we went to my parent's place. The girls raced around as usual and had a good ol' time. When it got close to eating time however, they would not stay out of the kitchen. I knew they weren't starving, since they had been snacking  earlier and it was still before their dinner time. They beg worse than dogs, I swear. I finally had to put them in their high chairs, to keep them out of the way. When it was time to eat they did about the same as the day before. They ate good off their spoons and of course gobbled up bread, stuffing and potatoes.  Here are some pics from Friday...




Overall it was a pretty good holiday. I can't believe the girls are a year older already. It doesn't seem like that long ago we had Thanksgiving at our house last time. I also can't believe how much our lives have changed since then. I think we are in a better/happier place, physically and emotionally than we were last year. I'm thankful for my little family and I'm looking forward to what the future holidays will look like!

No comments: