Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Seriously?!?! What the....???

Oh.my.goodness.

I finally finished my 10 days of Provera on Saturday. Usually I start my period the day after...at the most the following day...Well, of course it didn't work out that way. I started today. Wednesday. I have to go in for my 3-day ultrasound on SATURDAY!!!! Does the office realize I'm supposed to be leaving town at noon on Friday for a camping trip?!?!!? I asked about coming in Friday morning - but they're booked - of course. I'm so mad I want to scream!!! Of course I talked to the frickin' moron woman. I decided I'm calling back in the morning, asking to speak with Jeri, the competent one and begging her to squeeze me in. If that doesn't work I'm going to ask if I can go to another office to have the ultrasound done and have the results sent in. If that doesn't work, what choice do I have? I'll have to totally screw up my plans.

I realize they have to do this ultrasound before prescribing the Femara, but really? Bad timing. I'm supposed to be an hour and a half away camping starting Friday at noon and coming back Monday afternoon.

Now, instead of riding down with friends I'll have to drive myself. Now, instead of riding with friends and driving myself, I'll also have to pay $10 a day (times three days) to park my "extra" car at the campsite. Now that I have to drive myself and pay extra, I'll miss at least a whole day of camping and exploring. Not to mention there'd be no point in leaving work early on Friday, which really really sucks.

Is it worth it? Do I pay $80 for an ultrasound, $30 to park my dang car, probably at least $20 for gas, plus food and whatever activities we decide to do? I guess I'll have to see what they can do for me tomorrow morning. Right now I'm thinking of bagging the whole trip. Damn.

Since I'm ranting...I just got back from a work event in Spokane. It is about a 5 hour drive from Olympia. On our way back we stopped at a resort we are using in September to check it out. We had lunch at the resort. I ordered Lobster Mac & Cheese. They bring out the meal and there is a big ol' black hair in it. I complained right away. They bring me a new one and I'm almost finished with it when I crunch down on on a lobster shell - I about broke a tooth. Needless to say we didn't pay for our meal and we got dessert.

After that is when I talked to the doctor's office (I'll add here that I was driving this whole time - which is exhausting). After talking with them and getting really pissed about the whole situation we hit 5 o'clock traffic. AAAAAHHHHH!!!! Wham! I get slammed with a headache.

We finally get to the office and unload our stuff, I get in my car and come home. I walk in the house and it is a disaster. Granted it was not that clean when I left, but it is worse now. While I was gone one of our dogs got poop stuck in his paws, so Hubby threw him in the tub to clean him off. I walk into the bathroom and the shower curtain is not closed (HUGE pet peeve!), my WHITE towel I use when I get out of the shower is wadded up on the floor. The toilet paper is sitting on the side of the tub (instead of the obvious roller). He didn't even frickin' work on Monday ! I don't expect the house to be spotless when I get home, but at least not worse. There were also lights left on and blinds closed with I got home - also pet peeves! Lastly, my favorite oven mit was sitting on top of a plate that was covered in syrup. AAAHHH!!!

Okay, I'm done bitching. I wish I could say I feel better, but I really don't. Maybe I should take some Advil and walk the dogs or something.

Two good things though...someone told me on Friday that she was pregnant and I didn't get all jealous and depressed so that is totally awesome. And since we worked so hard at this event this week my boss said I could come in at 10am tomorrow - yay!

On that note, I'm signing off.

2 comments:

Jess said...

When you call the office back, perhaps you should explain that you had plans already to go to town, and they cannot change (the inconvienence is good enough reason for me). Tell them you will wait in the office until they have an opening...even if it's all day. Bring a good book, and unwind some. It'll all work out. Remember that getting worked up and stressed out isn't going to help you achieve your goals! (I also know it's always easier to say than do! lol) Good luck to you!

Amanda said...

My office does CD2 baselines for me all the time, so as long as they can get you in I don't see why it matters if it's day 2 or 3.

You could see if they would let you skip it altogether. My RE allows this, but you do run a small risk that you have a cyst w/o a baseline.

You might ask your clinic about that Advil before you take it. Other than when I had my HSG, my clinic pretty much forbids everything that isn't tylenol. (The reason being is that most other pain relievers are NSAIDs and can inhibit ovulation.)

I hope you have fun camping this weekend.