Thursday, April 8, 2010

31 week appt

All's good in da 'hood.

My cervix is still long and closed. Yay!

Babies are measuring at about 4.5lbs each!! They've been consistently larger than average, so the doc isn't concerned at all, but just as a precaution I'm retaking the glucose test at my next appointment. I passed the last one with flying colors, but to to be safe we're doing it again.

With all that's been going on in our lives in the last 4 months or so, I feel like I've become a little depressed. I've definitely been stressed, although I'm trying hard not to let it bother me. I talked to the doc about my feelings and that I'm really nervous that if I feel the way I do now, that when the babies are here and I'm tired from lack of sleep and taking care of them that I won't like them or I'll resent them or something. He talked to me about maybe seeing a counselor and he also wrote a script for Zo.loft.

I feel like talking to a counselor could be an option, although the things going on are things that will get better with time, and honestly at this point. I don't have the dough to fork out money even for my copay. I also feel like he was really quick to write the Rx. I'm going to do a little research first before I fill it. I guess I don't know what I expected him to say when I told him about it other than recommending counseling or meds, but I'm not sure if that's what I want to do. He did ask if I cry often over nothing. Which I definitely do. He also asked if I have a hard time sleeping, which I do as well, and most of the time it's not pregnancy related. My mind keeps me up and wakes me up all the time. It's been weeks, if not months since I've had a good night's sleep and felt rested and refreshed when I wake up.

Anyway, we'll see how it all plays out. I've just never been a pill popper, but I do want to be in a a better state of mind when these little innocent bundles arrive.

My next appointment is in 3 weeks (since the doc will be on vaca in HI - lucky!). Hopefully these girls stay in until then. I'll be 34 weeks by then and I'll be able to deliver in town!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Given all of the crap you've been through lately (the joys and stresses of TTC and pregnancy as well as your husband), it's completely normal for you to be depressed or, at the least, an emotional roller coaster.

Definitely consider some kind of counseling before you try medication - especially knowing that you're going to be super stressed with being a new mom to TWO babies! Medication will smooth the rough edges, but counseling will help solve the source of the problem...something medication can't do for tension/stress.

If money's an issue with counseling (sometimes insurance doesn't cover what you need), consider contacting a local family planning agency (you know the ones...), as many of them often have free or reduced-cost counseling. Hugs!