Tuesday, April 27, 2010

33w5d appt

I had my appointment this morning. I got to drink the lovely glucola again, since my babies are large, he wants to double check there is no insulin issues. I should hear the results in a few days.

He did a quick ultrasound to look at the heartbeats this morning and they are still going strong!

He also checked my cervix via u/s, still long and closed! I don't know why I'm so surprised, but I really am. For some reason I thought there would be a big change and I'd be sent to the hospital or be put on strict bed rest or something. Nope. My body is holding up really well! It's about time it does what it's supposed to!

While he was doing the u/s we got to see the heads of both babies. They are still both head down. It was cute and he printed the pic for me. I'll see if I can get it posted soon.

It is looking like these babies might stay head down. I wondered if they were still in that position (they were at my last appointment), because they have been moving like crazy lately. I guess that is just four knees and feet pummeling my diaphram, lungs and ribs :0)

Dr. M asked if I was still working. I told him I was still working 4 hours a day. He was really surprised. He said I am doing really, really well. I don't know if he was in a particularly good mood this morning or if I am really that amazing (ha!), but he was so happy for me that I'm doing so well.

I can't believe 34 weeks is Thursday already! I get to stay in town to deliver - yay!!! Thursday I'm also trekking back up to Seattle to the bp doc. I know I'm having a NST done, but I'm not sure what else. I'm planning not to work that day since sitting in the car and at the appointment will be enough for my pelvis that day I think.

I had all kinds of questions for the doc today, but it was kind of crazy at his office. Normally after my u/s's I meet him in his office to discuss the results. Today, since I had to have my blood drawn exactly an hour after I drank the gunk I had to go from my u/s to the nurses station. I thought I'd go back to his office when I was done, but he met me out there. He was talking, the nurse was poking me, the receptionist was telling him he had a call on line 1...it was very distracting. The next thing I know he's on the phone, I'm at the reception desk scheduling my next appointment and then that's it.

None of the questions were too important, but more curiosity questions. I guess it's nothing I can't ask about at my next appointment...if I get there :0)

Next appointment in two weeks - I'll be two days shy of 36 - yahoo!! Oh and he said that if I get to 36 then the babies will probably be able to come home with me right away and not have to stay longer!!

No comments: