Thursday, April 29, 2010

34 weeks - a big day!

First of all - yay for reaching 34 weeks! It's official, I can stay in town to deliver and not go up north. Such a relief!

Now that I know for sure which hospital I am going to, I can pre-register. That is totally exciting and scary at the same time. I guess this is for real. We have to baby girls coming VERY soon!

I also have printed the paper work to fill out for their birth certificates and SSN's.

Today I also had an appointment at the UW Me.dical Cen.ter. First I had a NST (non-stress test) done. It was the first time I got to hear the babies heartbeats. It was such a beautiful sound! When the nurse started hooking up the dopplers, I told her on Tuesday they were both head down. She found baby A's right away. Baby B she searched around a little then finally gave up and went to get the u/s machine since she couldn't pin point her heartbeat. After using the u/s she found B's right away...and now she's transverse. Ugh, stubborn child! How is that physically possible with the amount of room they have in there for one to be head down and the other sideways? Strange.

Baby A was pretty active at first, but then fell asleep, so the nurse had to wake her up. She had this little vibrating buzzer thingy and put it about where A's rump was and buzzed her once. Poor little girl was woken up in a second. Both babies were very awake after that.

I also had a monitor on me for contractions. I think during the test, which lasted 20-30 mins I had 4-5 contractions. Later when I saw the doc he noticed it but said it's to be expected at this point.

After the NST, I went to have the u/s's done on my arteries. Everything went smooth for that too.

Finally it was time to sit and wait for the doc to go over everything with me. After waiting for about an hour - again - for him to come into the room, we went over the results. My blood pressures have been really good. My blood flow is back in the normal range and not high or borderline anymore - woohoo!

He asked me if we were planning to have any more kids after this pregnancy. I said nope, this is it. He said "What's the plan?" I was confused, I said "What plan?" he said for birth control. I told him I hadn't even thought about it much, but I was on the pill before and will probably go back to that. He suggested something like an IUD since with having babies I might not remember to take the pill everyday. Okay, I get that. I'll think about it later. He said what we really need to do it have "Dad" get a vasectomy. Um...no. I just kind of laughed it off. Seriously though, I wouldn't even consider that, for one, it is so permanent. I know right now we don't plan to have more kids, but we aren't even 30 yet, maybe in two or three years we'll change our minds, or maybe not, but I want to leave the option available. Besides, with me having PCOS, I'll have to control it with hormones somehow, like with the pill, or whatever my doc and I decide will work best. I don't know why it irked me so bad, I guess because I won't even consider asking Hubby to do that, and probably because the doc went on and on about it for a few minutes.

Anyway, that was about the gist of the appointment. He, like Dr. M, even told me how well I'm doing. He said twins are supposed to be complicated, but I haven't been complicated at all. The NST nurse was surprised I hadn't had any issues at all and haven't had to go to the hospital for anything. I guess I'm just awesome like that - lol. Then doc said "Congrats, you've graduated" and that was it. I'm done with the UWMC - yes!!

Now I'm off to fill out paperwork and pre-register!!

2 comments:

finding_ac said...

thank God you dont have to deal with u dub anymore, i hate going there its like an annoying as heck labryinth. I also hate having to wait, and the nurses and docs are so pushy about it all. I would have been more than a little irked at him mentioning the hubbs getting a vesectomy...but that is just me, maybe its my infertility anger popping its head up to make sure everyone is paying attention. To me, its just such an insult hearing that with how hard you and i have worked to get these little bubs in the belly!

wheew....your getting close, at least this way dr. m can deliver you...which hospital did you chose?

♥ acq

Mrs. Piggy said...

You are a rockstar in this pregnancy! And the not having more kids thing - its weird, but now that i have my twins, I am getting greedy and want more...even after I think ive had the hardest day yet...its weird!