Thursday, May 6, 2010

35 weeks

Wow. 35 weeks. The end is so close!

I have really gotten uncomfortable in the last week or so. Last Thursday when I went up to Seattle for the NST and BP check I think was the turning point. My pelvis hurt so bad when I got home from being in the car for probably 3 hours total and spending hours sitting at the doc's office. I had a lot of contractions that day. I'm sure it was from dehydration. The contractions have improved a little, but in the evenings and at night I still get quite a few. They aren't painful at all, just uncomfortable because my belly gets so tight. I have started to feel some cramping, like menstrual cramps off and on, but nothing consistent or too uncomfortable.

On Monday I was helping hubby pick up the house and I had bent over a lot picking up dog toys, etc. so Hubby could vacuum...bad idea. Holy crap by back hurt so bad later that night and the next day. I'm sure it's because I've been so lazy for months and of course all the weight I have hanging on the front of me. I didn't go to work on Tuesday because my back hurt so bad. There was no way I was going to be able to sit in a chair for any amount of time at all.

I had decided last week that this Friday was going to be my last day at work. I've just gotten so uncomfortable and I figured I could use some time to rest up and relax, because those days are definitely numbered!! Well after the back issues on Tuesday, I went to work Wednesday and said I wanted to be done now. I think they anticipated that because they were not shocked and told me to finish up and head home. They didn't even want me to stay the whole 4 hours. So now, I'm officially done with work until at least July 6. I'm a little worried that if these babies don't show up soon I'm wasting my leave time not spending it with them. I'm sure though I can work something out with my office if the time comes and I decide to need more time with the babies. My boss told me just to email her every once in a while with how I'm doing. I'm so thankful to have a female boss...even though she doesn't have kids of her own. I think she is more understanding than a man would be. I know it sounds silly, but I feel guilty not being at work while I'm still pregnant. I have already checked my emails a couple of times...I can't help it - lol.

Last weekend my feet decided to start swelling. They have off and on, but mostly it happened when I would eat salty food. Now though it doesn't matter what I eat, I'm puffy. The swelling mostly goes down during the night, but it's still a little there in the morning. My fingers have been slightly puffy,but I've still been able to wear my wedding ring...even thought it's a little snug.

I don't think there is anything else we need to do to get ready for these babies. The nursery is ready. I took all the toys off the bed last night and also took the comforter off and draped it over the side since they won't be able to sleep under it for a while. There are just a few sheets and blankets I need to be washed, but all the clothes are washed and put away. The changing station is stocked, my bag is packed. The forms for their birth certificates and SSNs are as filled out as they can be right now. The car seats are in the car and the car has gas in it.

We are now just waiting. I'm being asked a thousand times from e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e how I'm feeling. that is another bonus to being gone from work...I couldn't walk anywhere without being harassed. I know everyone means well, but ugh, it is annoying...or maybe I'm just more irritable these days...

I talked to my mom the other day, I had to tell her to chill out. She's been OVERLY excited for these girls to arrive. We went from talking to each other on the phone once a week or less to now she calls me almost everyday asking how I'm doing, if anything has changed, then I have to listen to her disappointment that the babies are sticking around for a while. I've tried DRILLING into her that the longer they are in the better. My twin "due date" isn't until next week. We want them to stay in there as long as possible so they can be as healthy as possible. Ugh, she is so selfish. I called her for something the other day and she was almost squealing when she answered the phone, then when she realized I wasn't calling to tell her I was at the hospital she didn't bother hiding her disappointment. Sadly, I roll my eyes when I see her calling. I'm a little nervous about how she is going to be at the hospital. Okay, I could go on, but I guess I should stop...

Okay, I have more thoughts in this brain to blog about, but I think this is enough for now. My next appointment isn't until next Tuesday...I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I bet it is uncomfortable! That's a lot of strain on your body, but it sounds like you are hanging in there well!

One of the most wonderful things after giving birth is the ability to pick things up off the floor.