Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tomorrow is birth day!!

I had a NST and a doctor appointment today. The NST was pretty normal. Poor baby A had to be buzzed again because she just wouldn't wake up. After she was buzzed though, she was upset for a long time. It took her a while to settle down. Poor widdle girl! Of course baby B is a show off and she passed the test in less than 10 minutes. I'll be curious if their temperament inside will be the same outside. My blood pressure was high when was having the test done. I think it was 155/90.

Then I went to my doctor appointment. BP was still up there, but it was better. I think it was 140/??. The doc had me lay down for a bit and tried it again. I think it went down to 136/??. I can never remember the lower number.

The babies were measured and my fluid was checked. Baby A was about 7 lbs 12oz, up from 7 lbs 3oz two weeks ago. Baby B actually measured less than two weeks ago. I think she was 7 lbs 5oz before and today she was like 6 lbs 14oz or something. Fluid looked good. I still had some good sized pockets.

Because of my bp and the growth issue with baby B, the doc decided to induce me. When I was at the hospital earlier for the NST I was talking to the nurse about induction and she checked the schedule for me and said tomorrow was a good day. I told the doc that, so he called and scheduled me to come in tomorrow.

He also checked my cervix. I'm 3cm dilated, 60% effaced and a +1. Nobody told me how uncomfortable being "checked" is. Ouch and holy crap!

The plan tomorrow is to hook me up to some pitocin in the morning. The doc said he'll probably see me around noon to break my water then we'll go from there. I'm planning to do a vaginal delivery since both babies are head down. I'm don't have my heart set on it, so I'm up for a c-section if it comes to it. I'd just rather recover from a vaginal one instead of the surgery, and obviously I'll do whatever is best for the babes.

I do have to say though, after the doc checked my cervix around 2pm or so today I've been having a lot of menstrual cramps and some bleeding (he told me that would happen). It's now 5pm and I'm still cramping and still having some bleeding. I wonder if him checking me and messing around in my biz-ness set anything off. I guess we'll see!

Bags are packed, car seats and stroller are in the car. I guess we're as ready as we'll ever be. I can't wait to see them tomorrow. I can't even imagine what they will look like. Eeek!!

I'll leave you with one last belly pic I just took...37w5d.



5 comments:

Adam and Julia said...

Oh my goodness!! How exciting!!!!!! I can't wait to see their beautiful faces! Good luck and know that you are in my prayers!! Congratulations Momma!!!

Amanda said...

Wow! I hope everything goes well tomorrow and you can avoid the c/s! If the cramping really keeps up tonight you might want to try to go in earlier, cause it sounds like you are ready to go on your own. Good luck. Can't wait for you to meet your babies!

Oh, and take TP with you. Seriously. Can't hurt to have your own roll in case the hospital's is rough or flimsy.

Mrs. Piggy said...

Whoa! I thought for sure your disappearing act meant you had them already and forgot to mention it :) Why do I have a feeling youll be going in the middle of the night tonight ????

Your life is about to do a total 180. Going to be a bumpy ride, but it's going to go fast...so buckle up, 'cause here you go!!

(btw, my kids temperments are exactly what they were in the womb!)

Jess said...

Best wishes for a safe and happy delivery! Can't wait to hear how life is on the other side! <3

finding_ac said...

woo hoo! i cant wait to see the babes! i wish you would have gave in to me doing some baby shots for you since i am a pro photog!

easy labour dust!

♥ ac