Friday, April 23, 2010

33 weeks!!

Wow, time is really flying now...although it seemed to have gone fast most of this pregnancy. I can't believe we are down to mere weeks instead of months!

Yesterday my body decided to celebrate by giving me a mini panic attack. I went to the bathroom when I got up in the morning and saw some light brown discharge. My first thoughts were that my car is almost on empty, I haven't packed my bag yet and we don't know "exactly" where the hospital is up north. Then reality sank in and I calmed myself down. Spotting can happen for a long time before labor. There was no fresh blood and I wasn't having any other contractions or anything. If I saw it again I was going to call the doctor's office just to let them know, but it didn't happen again, so I guess it was just a fluke.

My hips are starting to really bother me from sleeping on my sides. Even now they are still aching and I've been up for over 3 hours. I can't wait to sleep on my back again!

I'm curious how much weight I've packed on since my last appointment. My belly is feeling so heavy these days. Getting ready for work in the morning is tiring. I end up sitting on the toilet lid while I brush my teeth because I'm tired already. I've given up cooking anything that takes any time at all or else I have to go sit down every few minutes.

Of course bending over is pretty much out of the question. I wear slip on shoes all the time too. Drying my legs and feet off has become quite interesting when I get out of the shower, so has shaving my legs. I'm probably going to give up soon. Apologies now to Dr. M and Hubby...although Dr. M has seen worse I'm sure.

I just have to get through 5 more days then I can deliver locally. My fingers (and legs) are crossed - lol!

I have a doctor appointment next Tuesday to check my cervix. Hopefully it's still holding up. Then Thursday I get to trek back to Seattle for another blood pressure appointment. They said I'll have a NST done too. I'm going to ask my regular doctor on Tuesday about it though. I would think he could do that test if it is necessary. I just don't think I need to travel all the way up there this late in the game. We'll see.

Anywho, I think that's about it. Have a great weekend ya'll!

No comments: