Monday, August 9, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

I'm mostly excited and a little scared that we've decided I get to be a stay-at-home-mommy!

It isn't happening immediately, but soon, very soon.

I had kind of an "aha!" moment a few days ago (during a 3am feeding). I've been really stressed this year and asking God "Why?" about his timing for Hubby's three surgeries and my twin pregnancy and now with the girls here - it just seemed crazy for it to all happen at the same time. We'll, I think I may have figured it out.

As I've shared before, this year has been the hardest EVER. Hubby hasn't been able to work since before Christmas due to illness then 3 back to back to back surgeries. Because of that we are losing our house and having to file bankruptcy. Totally not cool things. Well, it seems though, this is all working out to benefit us.

We are moving at the end of October out to my parent's property. They are converting a two-story garage to an apartment for us to live in. The rent will be cheap. Because of the bankruptcy we will only have rent and a couple of other monthly bills, so our monthly living expenses will be minimal. Hubby has a part-time job now and he's just getting back into the swing of things. We are hoping by the end of the month he'll be able to gain some more hours and then I can put in my notice at work. I am very much looking forward to being able to be there for my girls everyday. I can't wait for all of the things we can do together.

Yes, until Hubbs can find another job - a full-time job, things will be tight, but hey, over the last 6 months, we've been living pretty tight, so I'm getting used to it.

Isn't it amazing how you can be thrown in a horrible situation, one that seems so dark and terrible at the time and as you pull through it you can see the good that has come out of it? I would have never thought two months ago...or even one month ago, that I would be thankful for what this year has brought (I mean financially). If Hubby wouldn't have gotten sick and needed surgery he would have still been working and we would still be making our house payments and making minimum payments on credit cards for the rest of our lives. Not that I'm advocating everyone files for bankruptcy, but it is really a blessing for us that we can dig out of this monstrous hole we've been in. We get a fresh start.

I am so thankful!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm glad that you are happy with the how you will be able to handle things. If you can make it work, it sounds like a good plan.