Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dragging

I started back to work full-time last week. It’s been rough on everyone. I of course have to get up earlier now, and can’t seem to get to bed too early so I’m tired. Hubby is with the girls all day while I’m at work and is tired when I get home, but usually he has to leave to go to work himself. The girls are not napping very well for Hubby during the day so they are cranky and tired when I get home.

The last few days I’ve gotten them to bed when I got home, but they usually are then out for the night...kind of. Katie has been waking up between 3-4am and wanting to be up. I keep the lights off and don’t talk to her so she won’t be stimulated, but I’ve been ending up putting her in bed with me so I can at least sleep until 6am. It seems to work, but it’s not quality sleep for me at all.

I’m not quite sure what to do about naptime. I know Hubby tries, but I don’t think he a)has the patience and b) commits the time to put them down during the day. They’ll nape for 20 minutes here and there but that’s about it. It’s tough coming home to crabby girls and I feel bad for them too for being so tired.

Things in the job department are changing a little for now. Ultimately I’d like to be home full-time, but until Hubby finds a day job it just doesn’t make sense for me to quit my job entirely. In the meantime I’ve talked with my boss about working part-time. She is meeting with our senior staff on Monday to discuss the opportunity. She seemed confident that something could be worked out. I’m hopeful that we can make that transition soon. I don’t think I can handle this much longer. I’m actually contemplating going to my parent’s house this evening to see if they could watch the girls for an hour or so I could snooze in their guest room. We’ll see if I’m up for packing up the girls when I get home. Hubby is leaving for work shortly after.

Other than the never ending sleep issues the girls are doing really well. Katie finally caught the smile train. Natalie has been smiling up a storm for weeks, but not Katie. Just in the last week or so she’s really seemed to smile. They both kind of make these squealing noises like they want to laugh but just can’t do it. It’s super cute. They are talkers too. Natalie will sit and talk to herself forever, it’s funny. Katie talks too, but she also mouths a lot of stuff and no sound comes out. She tries so hard - lol

I guess that’s about it. Not too much is going on these days. We had a garage sale last weekend to try to get rid of stuff, but with the heat wave we’ve had there weren’t a whole lot of people out. We are doing a Saturday sale again this weekend to hopefully get rid of some more. Whatever is left is going to Goo.dwill. We have about 2 ½ months left until we move so I’m trying to pack and organize what I can now since I know it takes me 10 times longer to get anything done with the girls here!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

My kid still isn't a good napper at 6 months. It drives me nuts. We try and try, but he just won't. I think some kids are just that way.