Saturday, September 18, 2010

The aftermath

Actually...it went better than I thought!

Katie fussed, whined and cried off and on for about 50 minutes. I had picked her up twice when she was getting really worked up, but as soon as she calmed back down and was drowsy again I put her down. She eventually gave up and fell asleep. I checked on her after she'd been quiet for about 5 minutes and saw she was out and the pacifier was out of her mouth. I knew she'd wake up and want it back soon. Sure enough about 10 minutes later she did. I put it back in her mouth and she was out for hours. I think it was about 8:30 when she finally fell asleep and didn't wake up until about 12:30 to eat.

I was a little worried that her night feedings would be tough too. She typically can wake up eat and be back to bed in 20 minutes at night. Last night was no different. I am so glad! She did so amazingly well!

Tonight was a breeze too. She was tired and crabby so I put her jammies on, wrapped her, stuck in the pacifier and rocked her for a little bit. She was pretty squirmy, which I've learned means she just super tired and ready for bed, so I laid her down. She hardly squirmed at all and didn't make a peep - which was good because Natalie was already in bed.

It's now been about 20 minutes and I still haven't heard a sound come out of their room. Wow, could this be so easy? (knock on wood!)

Now if I could only get her to sleep past 6am every morning, me and her daddy would be very appreciative!

Naps are still super hard with her. She gets a few 30-45 minute naps then sometimes a good 2 hour nap, but I feel like I fight her all day. I guess if I had to pick I'd rather fight her for naps then bedtime! :0)

No comments: