Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Slacker!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been a bit busy!

The girls are 13 weeks old today. We've passed the 3 month mark! I do think things are starting to get a little easier. They are both "talking" more. Katie seems to get happier and happier everyday. She still can get grumpy quick, but I'm learning how to read her and the best way to handle her.

I really have to recommend Secrets of the Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg to every parent. I'm not even done with it and I have gleaned so many lessons from it. I got it from the library because a friend of mine recommended it (hi Mel!) to start with for sleep habits. I tell ya, it is just a good overall book of learning how babies operate. I've extended my time with the library on it already and I'm trying to get Hubby to read it to (wish me luck!).

For example: I used to think that K hated having her clothes or diaper changed because she cried every time we did it. Well, I learned (from taking a quiz in the book) that she is a touchy baby and she is a little sensitive and that we need to go slower with her and talk her though the process of what we're doing. Since I started doing that she's been a thousand times better! In fact now changing her is my favorite time with her. She is super smiley and talkative when she's laying on the changing table. It's amazing.

Natalie is doing great too. She's growing like a weed. I bet at their next appointment she will be the same if not even heavier than her sister. She really is the happiest baby ever. She smiles all.the.time! I love cuddling with her.

I don't remember the last time I updated you guys on my work situation. I think that was when I was talking about quitting to stay home full-time. Well...long story short, it just doesn't make sense for me to completely quit my job with Hubby not working until the evening and only getting 20hrs or less a week. Instead, I've cut down to 30 hours a week and I'm working from 7am-1pm with no lunch. I'm home by about 1:20 and can help get the girls down for a nap. It seems like since I've had this schedule (about 2 weeks), the girls have been sleeping better at night. Nap time really makes a difference. If they are overtired at bedtime, it is a bear to get them to sleep.

For a while now Natalie has been a good sleeper. I'd say since about 6-8 weeks old. Of course she has her bad nights occasionally, but most of the time she sleeps for 5+ hours at night. Katie on the other hand has pretty consistently been getting up every 3-4 hours until last week. Last week she had a couple of nights of sleeping for 6 hours straight! I was in heaven! Last night she was in bed and out for the night by 8pm. I didn't get up with her until 3am. I fed her and got her back to bed in about 20 mins. She didn't get up again until almost 7am. I hope this becomes more and more of a habit with her. I can dig it!

I guess that's about it. No big changes are going on around here. Both girls are wearing mostly 6m clothes. A few things are 3-6 months or 6-9 months.

Oh and one last thing. I'm back on the pill. I originally wasn't going to go on any birth control, since I TRIED for 4 years to get pregnant and it didn't happen. BUT, I need the hormones. I've been pretty crazy the last couple of months and I finally went to my GP to see if I can get balanced. I started back on Yasmin yesterday. I'm crossing my fingers this helps me out. I'm tired of being a roller coaster. When I met with the doc I cried the whole appointment. I told him about the other stuff going on in my life at the moment and he recommended anti-depressants. I declined because I'd like to see how the b/c works for me first. Plus, soon all this other crap should be behind us so a lot of the stress will be gone then too.

Okay, that's really it now. I'll try to check in sooner next time! :0)

2 comments:

melissa said...

I'm glad you love that book! It's so good to hear that it's helped a little bit. :)

Life Happens said...

I think with caring for two adorable babies, you're allowed to slack a little on your blog. Glad to hear the babies are sleeping better. I hope your hormones get bacy in sync!

Have a great weekend.