Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Oh where to begin...

I guess I never shared the girls' first birthday party with you. It went pretty well. Unfortunately, Katie's nap was interrupted so she was crabby, but the show went on. Natalie loved her cake and devoured it. We had to peel her away to open presents. Kaitlyn wouldn't touch the cake. I tried feeding her some icing but she flipped out. I didn't even get any pictures of her in her high chair. Thankfully my MIL did.

They got tons of summer clothes as gifts. They are definitely set for the summer. I just wish the weather around here would allow them to wear some of the super cute outfits. They also got some toys and books. They loved it all. The party only lasted about hour or so. We just had immediate family there. I didn't want to make it too huge this year.

Well that was a few weeks ago. Since then we have stopped formula (YAY!!) and put the girls just on whole milk. They handled the transition really well. I was especially worried about Katie since she was on soy formula. She is doing great though. The solid food feeding is tough. Natalie is a pretty good eater, but the variety of foods she eats isn't too huge yet. Kaitlyn is harder. She doesn't have any teeth yet. Not one. She will suck on waffles, toast, etc until it's soggy and eat it, but she is funny about textures too so she's hard to feed. Mostly the girls are getting some finger foods on their tray but mostly eating from a jar. I wish we could move on from that sooner, but I don't see that happening for a while...until K gets some chompers.


I'm trying to think what else has been going on with them. Not a whole lot. They are busy little girls. And we discovered they love Shrek. They laugh and smile during all the movies. It's really entertaining to watch them watch the TV.

I guess that's about it with the girls. I've been a bit distracted lately with some family drama going on. I wish I could get in to it here, but it's just not the place. We will be moving again...soon...so it may be a while before I can post again.

1 comment:

Life Happens said...

Wow, has it really been a year??!! They sound like they are growing and thriving.

Good luck with the family drama and move.