Tuesday, December 8, 2009

13w3d

I can't believe I'm at 13 weeks already. My, my, how the time is flying.

Good news - my "morning" sickness is pretty much gone (knock on wood, cross my fingers!). Of course smells still make be feel nauseous, and I'm still mucoussy, so I gag a few times a day, but other than that I'm not sick. Yay!

Although, financially I really hope I don't have to go on bed rest too early or even at all...I'm secretly hoping I do, because work kicks my butt. I can't believe how tired I get. I work in a freakin' office and sit at a desk most of the day. Granted, I don't think I'm getting enough sleep during the week, so I'm sure that contributes to it, but man, by the end of the day I'm pooped. On the weekends I've been averaging about 12 hours of sleep at night. During the week I get maybe 7-8. I've always required a little more sleep than the average though. If I could get 9-10 I felt good.

My appetite hasn't changed much. I'm still pretty ravenous, but nothing sounds good. I eat a lot of cold cereal, fruit...and some cheese or peanut butter crackers. That's about it. Cooking food in the house still grosses me out. In fact almost every night when hubby sticks his usual chicken strips and tater tots in the oven, I either go to bed, or turn on the hood fan and crack a window to get the stank out. Seriously. Ew. And those two things in real life don't stink. I know. Crazy.

I talked with my boss yesterday a little about possible dates when I would go on maternity leave. I think she was a little surprised at the wide range of time it is. Basically, if I went on bed rest at 28 weeks, which is what the doc told me to prepare for just-in-case, I could be leaving mid March. My goal of 32 weeks puts me in mid April, and if I get so lucky to go to "term", 36 weeks, that's mid May. So really...we just need to be prepared for anything starting in March. The other person who works in my department with me, and would be mostly my back up while I'm gone, is going on maternity leave in about two weeks. Thankfully though, she'll be back in full swing by February, so we're covered :0)

Hm...I'm trying to think of any other updates... Oh, I still haven't gotten maternity pants yet, although now I'm getting desperate. I have them all in my virtual shopping cart, and I'll be able to "check-out" on payday. Yay!

Well folks, that's all I can think of at the moment. I hope you are all enjoying the holiday season!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you can live without maternity pants!! lol...

I had to buy some already- and I'm only 8 weeks!!! It was literally a case of- my jeans fit today- woohoo!! and the next day it was omg my GUTS!!! my poor guts need room to breeeeeeeeeaaaaaathe!!!

that's awesome that you're into the second trimester already- gosh it sure went by quick! good luck with the tired! It WILL get better... eventually.. like when they're 8 and can make their own cereal in the morning and you can sleep in... ish....

I Believe in Miracles said...

what?!?? what FABULOUS news. That's awesome. CONGRATS!!!