Monday, January 11, 2010

18w appointment

**heavy sigh**

The babies are looking good, and so is my cervix. That, although super important, was the only good news I got at my appointment today.

When I got there I had to pee in the cup. I barely had any...again. No word if that came back bad, but I'm assuming no news is good news.

Then I stepped on the scale. I've lost two pounds since my last appointment. I know it is because of the stress of Hubby being in the hospital and running around like crazy. Hopefully, now that he's home, I can eat better again and more often.

Next was my blood pressure. It wasn't good. She checked it once, saw it was bad and tried it again. Still bad. I'm pretty sure it was 158/72 (I think). Anyway, not good. The nurse made me lay down for a bit and took it again. She said it went down to "normal", but didn't say what it was.

I finally went to my room and I told the doc that I thought I've been having some minor cramping in my lower uterus in the evenings for the last week or so. He did an u/s (I got to see the babies!) and they both looked good. Hearts are still a-beatin' and they have grown! No pics this time though :0(

He checked my cervix and that is still long and closed - hallelujah!

Okay now for some TMI...I asked him about some "discharge" issues. My discharge seems normal to me, but by the end of the day the crotch of my undies is just about black. I ask if it could be a chemical change or something? He said that my pap I had at my last appointment showed there was some inflammation. I am supposed to ask him about it at my next appointment and he'll take another sample and see if there is an infection. Fantastic.

He also told me I'm slightly anemic. So I finally picked up some iron. He said that anemia could also cause pre-term labor.

Lastly, since my blood pressure was high and I'm overweight, pregnant with twins and I'm only 18 weeks, he wants to send me to the Uni.versit.y of Was.hing.ton to have some hypertension tests done. To prepare for my appointment I get to collect my urine in this really awesome orange jug for 24 hours, then bring it to Dr. M's office, and have some blood drawn. They send the results to UW and then I go up to S.eatt.le for a couple hour appointment. Happy happy. Joy joy.

I think that about sums it up. I go next Thursday for my UW appointment and in two weeks for my next OB appointment. We're crossing our fingers we can find out the genders!!

1 comment:

finding_ac said...

for some reason i thought dr m did gender u/s at 16 wks...i am too excited to see what you are having! im also suprised you havent googled the black thing...like i would be all over trying to figure out what that was, blackness just doesnt sound like it could be a good thing. But one thing i can admire about you is you are so calm and cool about this all..i have been a nervous wreck praying like a million times a day for myself.

♥ ac