Thursday, January 14, 2010

A new experience

"Hello round ligament pain. It's so not nice to meet you."

I don't know if I just over did it, or if it was bound to happen anyway but this afternoon I was getting out of my car and holy moly! From around my groin-ish area up through my right side of my stomach is pain. If I walk around a little bit it gets better, but it's definitely the worst right when I stand up.

I called the doc just to make sure and the person I spoke to reassured me that it's normal. Dr. Google reassured me too. Seems to be pretty common to start during the second trimester.

Last night I hauled in a 30lb bag of dog food (normally Hubby would, but since he can't lift more than 10 lbs right now...). Then this morning for work I had to go to a seminar which involved me hauling in the materials (with a hand truck), setting up, and hauling it all away. It was after that when I got back into town that I experienced the pain.

I'm guessing it was inevitable, but probably last night an today made it happen sooner. Either way, not fun...

Anyway, I just thought I'd share. Now I'll get back to eating my lovely dinner of pistachios, cherries and chocolate ice cream (not at the same time of course!).

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yup, that RLP is a real bugger. Worst for was getting out of the car me. You never know when to expect it, but standing up slowly prevents it most of the time.

I Believe in Miracles said...

CONGRATS on being pregnant!! I'm so behind. This is great news.

Sorry about the RLP. All the pregnancy pains are fun... but worth it. Wishing you all the best and smooth sailing...

~~HUGS~~