Thursday, January 28, 2010

Crabby pants

I have been crabby this week. I know part of it is lack of sleep, but not only that I feel like I'm running around all the time.

I've had four appointments in the last week to go to, and that means missing work. I'm trying to save up my paid time, so I was trying to make up the missed hours by staying late and working through my lunch hour. By the time the end of the day rolls around I'm exhausted. Hubby isn't 100% yet, and he's spends most of his time laying in bed...so that means I'm forced to stay out in the "living area" with our 3 dogs. They are not allowed down the hall and can't be trusted to be left unattended, so that means I get to hang out with them. I would love nothing more than to come home from work and be able to veg out in bed watching TV. PLUS, since Hubby has come home from the hospital I've been camping out in the "nursery" with a mattress on the floor. It isn't horrible, but definitely not as comfortable as my real bed and I can hear the dogs in their crates, cars driving by, the furnace kicking on and off in the garage, etc. I do not sleep well in there. Not to mention trying to heave my growing body up off the floor in the middle of the night to pee...

To top it off this week two of our three dogs have been sick for a couple of days. Last night we were tag teaming cleaning up their vomit and poop. It was so gross. Tonight one of them is about 75% better, but the other one is still pretty sick. This week we've probably washed their bedding at least 5 times - no exaggeration. It is so frustrating, but obviously it's not their fault...

Last night I had the lights out and fell asleep about 9:30. At 10:30 one of the hounds started barking. I let him outside and went back to bed. I think I fell right back to sleep. Then at 2:30 another one started whining and scratching in his crate. I asked Hubby to check in on them. He did, but I couldn't fall back to sleep. I was probably 3:30 before I did. I had to get up a little early this morning to go to the dentist. I was a zombie all day. My brain was just mush. I kept making stupid mistakes and I even went to set my bowl of oatmeal on my desk and completely missed. Thankfully it landed flat on the floor and just splattered a little instead of turning over and dumping out. I only had a little to wipe off my pants.

Anyway, I suppose I should quit whining. I just feel like I'm so tired I'm on the verge of tears constantly. I'm sure some of you can relate. I'm tempted to take a Benadryl tonight and sleep for like 12 hours. Thank God tomorrow is Friday!

1 comment:

Juliana S. said...

being crabby is okay every now and then... Hope next week is better for you!