Monday, January 25, 2010

The gender scan...

We had our ultrasound today measuring the babes. It was a pretty thorough one. He looked for the chambers of the heart, the bladder, the stomach, measured the leg and arm bones, the scull, etc. Oh and he looked at the genders.

Drum roll please....they are both the same gender....

....he's about 80% sure...that...they...are...girls!!!

They were super squirmy and he had a hard time getting a good shot, but from the looks of it they don't have turtles. He said we'll check again in 4 weeks to see with 99% accuracy what they are.

I'm just in shock. I never imagined two girls. I thought boy/girl or boy/boy. When he said the first was a girl I thought for sure the second would be a boy. Believe me, I am very, very excited about girls, but part of me is sad that there isn't a boy. Oh well. I'm not complaining!!

Everything looked good today on the u/s. All the measurements looked good. Even my cervix was good. I think it was about 4.9 or something.

Next u/s is in two weeks to check my cervix again. I may even do a glucose test, or I may wait for 24 weeks. We'll see.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh yay! Planning for girls will be lots of fun.

finding_ac said...

ribbons, and bows, and pink...OH MY!!!

that is so sweet!! i have to admit, though...i thought you were going to have boy/girl twins because of the seperate sack....but how cool is that!! imagine all the cute pink things you can buy?!

♥ ac