Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Hubby Update

Sorry for any confusion if some of you saw an update posted a few days ago then it disappeared. I wrote it on zero sleep and decided later it was a little more information than I felt comfortable sharing. Anyway...

Hubby seems to be healing well. He's had all kinds of contraptions hooked up to him in the last four days. He seems to being progressing nicely though because one by one they each are being disconnected. As of tonight he is down to only his IV. His spirits seem to be a little better tonight too, so hopefully they stay that way.

I'm hoping he can come home by the weekend. He's on liquids right now and if that goes well he'll start eating solids and if things move through his guts like they are supposed to then I think that's when he can go home.

Just like when experiencing infertility you unexpectedly get a crash course in anatomy and the reproductive system, I have also gotten a crash course in nursing in the last few days. I've learned about drugs I've never heard of, and learned more about the digestive system than I ever cared too. It is a disgustingly amazing system.

I've gotten some sleep since when this all started New Year's Eve. I worked all day yesterday, but only about a half day today. I'm hoping to get back to a regular day tomorrow and visit Hubby on my lunch hour and after work. All the sitting and eating fast food (since I've been go-go-go lately) has made my ankles swell. They are mostly going down during the night, but not all the way. I am trying to keep up on drinking lots of water to flush myself out, and of course I'll get back to eating better soon. Plus I'm tired. When I do sleep all night I have wacko dreams about the hospital or someone sneaking into my house while I'm sleeping (I don't like to be home alone at night).

Anywho, overall things are going well. No complications so far. Fingers are crossed he can come home this weekend!

1 comment:

finding_ac said...

gee i wonder what he has:! prayers for him. hey....when do you find out the sexes of those twins? i forgot whether they were identical or ferternal?!

♥ ac