Thursday, June 3, 2010

Too good to be true?

**knock on wood**

The past two nights my girls have slept solid for 4 hours at a time and are feeding one right after the other. It might be too good to be true. It makes it so easy for one person to take care of them at night.

The night before last my mom (who has been staying with us at night) wasn't able to come over, so Hubby and I had the girls to ourselves. Hubby still isn't feeling well, so it was me taking care of them. It was such a breeze! I got some good chunks of sleep.

Last night, my mom was taking care of the girls and I only had to wake up to pump every 3 hours. She said that they were sleeping from feeding to feeding too. I hope this isn't a fluke!

Before the last couple of nights they've been really fussy at night and sleeping solid during the day (surprise, surprise!). We'll see if this is a trend. Even if it isn't, it's such a treat!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I hope it lasts! I have a theory that babies can sense the limits of their parents... it's that or I don't know how parents of multiples survive.

That said, I've heard a rumor about their being a honeymoon period... I will tell you that I have heard from several twin mommies that I know that they basically don't remember the first year of their babies' lives because they were so tired. But they made it through. Hopefully even if it is a honeymoon they will not get too much more demanding.