Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I wanna be average!

The average person is right handed - I'm left handed

The average woman in the US is 5'4" - I'm 5'11"

The average woman ovulates regularly - I rarely do at all

The average woman has a vertical uterus: mine is retroverted (tilted back)...

...yep, just learned that. Nice. Thanks gyno for telling me about this, just like you told me about my pcos. I remember the fertility doc mentioning it when she did my initial ultrasound a year ago. I got my records from them because I'm going to the new office in a couple of weeks. They mentioned it all over my records. It made me really nervous at first. I thought I had another obstacle in my way on my road to conceiving. Thankfully, it isn't really that big of a deal, but it just made me thing...geesh, I just want to be "normal" and average. I wonder what that's like - lol

Another thing I learned from looking at my records...my "doctor" did even review some of my appointments until 3 months later!! That's right, THREE MONTHS! What a bunch of crap. This is one of the records:

Performed: 1/18/08 Released: 1/18/08 Reviewed: 4/27/08 Reviewed by: Lorna Marshall

Marshall is/was my doc...

Anywho, just wanted to share. :0)

Here's to new beginnings at a new office! **cheers**

P.S. this is my 50th post! Woohoo :0)

2 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Blogger ate my comment. Boo.

I think most woman's uterus tilt. Mine does. My RE and friend who is a MD told me it should affect conception.

Hoping this new beginnings are the right ones!!

amym said...

I want to give you some hope. I am also tall (6 feet), have PCOS and an inverted uterus. I was able to conceive and deliver two healthy baby boys with the help of a monitored clomid cycle. My sons are now 8.5 and 5.

Because I was trying to manage my PCOS symptoms (not trying to get pregnant) during the past year, I radically changed my diet by following the diet outlined in Dr. Nancy Dunne's book, The PCOS Diet Solution for PCOS and Infertility. She recommends a wheat, gluten dairy and sugar free diet. I also was taking the Insulite PCOS System http://pcos.insulitelabs.com/. Well in May I was shocked to discover that I was pregnant. I really think it was my diet and the Insulite, as well as my exercise program that healed my body. I am expecting a baby girl in January.