Wednesday, December 10, 2008

TMI Alert!

**warning, what you are about to ready may be too much information** -Cathy, you might want to sit this one out :0)

Okay, so I have to ask...has anyone else's sex life totally gone down the dumper since trying to conceive? We have only been married 3 1/2 years, and we are like 80 year olds in our sex life. I am no fiend, but geesh, more than once every 6 weeks would be nice. ESPECIALLY, when TTC. When we are going through a cycle on clomid and ultrasound monitoring we "do" what we are supposed to, when we are supposed to, but it is absolutely no fun. In turn, it has made any "fun time" no fun. It seems like a job.

I have talked to hubby about this several times. He says he gets into a funk - which I TOTALLY can relate to, but doesn't a man want it more often than a woman??? Seriously, back in September, we went 6 weeks. Now we are going on about 4 weeks. I guess the hope of conceiving on months when I'm not taking drugs isn't a possibility. I'm already on cycle day 22. I'm sure if I ovulated it happened already.

Anyway, I've been wanting to vent about this for a while...Ugh....

2 comments:

Jess said...

The "we have to have sex TODAY because the doctor said so" funk is normal, in my opinion. When Jason and I first went off the pill, our doc said to go to the bedroom every other day on CD 10-20. And by the third month, it wasn't fun anymore. You have to find a way to make it fun - spice it up - so it doesn't seem so job-like. And, unfortunately, you have to kind of give up on looking at the calendar every other day to see what CD it is. Makes things more spontaneous that way.

I Believe in Miracles said...

It's the whole being told to perform on command. It makes it not fun. We have the most fun when we're not ttc and just can relax and not worry about days until the IUI or specific cycle day.

I'd agree... spice it up. Guys always like cute little outfits, candles, a dance and music...

Good luck!!