Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lies all lies!!!...maybe...

I realized recently that I really despise when people try to be positive when talking about this fertility stuff and say "Don't worry, it'll happen someday" - BS! Now, don't get me wrong. I welcome ALL positive thinking...but don't make promises you have no control over.

Today I had my pap...and my gyno was commenting on how good it was I had my period a few weeks ago. She assumed I had taken Provera...then I told her it was from Clomid. She asked who was prescribing it...HELLOOOOOO! You recommended the sh*tty doctor. I told her it was Dr. Marshall. She said "Oh, ya Lori". I almost corrected her and said her name is Lorna, but it wasn't worth it.

Anywho, at the end of the appointment she wished me happy holidays and said that exact thing "Don't worry, it'll happen - and you'll have to let us know when it does". Whatever! IF (and yes, I mean IF) it happens, they'd be the last to know.

I didn't tell her I'm not going back to her "recommended" doctor. I'm moving on - I feel like busting out into the Rascal Flatts song - lol

I've decided that is just plain isn't nice to tell me it will happen when you have absolutely no idea if it will or not. And I'd rather be on the pessimistic side, that way I won't be so disappointed when we decide to call it quits or when the doc says to give up. I've got to hope for the best, BUT prepare for the worst. There have been several people who have said that to me...ugh...

That's all, I just had to vent a tad.

3 comments:

Leslie Laine said...

I agree completely!!! I think the majority of the world just doesn't get it, and it's most amazing to me that the majority of the OB-GYN community doesn't get it either. I mean, the last time I checked infertility IS a part of women's health, and I think it would be just fabulous if at least a small part of their training revolved around understanding more than women who can easily have children.

I'll stop there - I'm getting on a rant myself. :)

Your post is so true - people just don't know what they're saying when they spout off all of that "look on the sunny side" stuff. There isn't much of a sunny side to this IF thing.

Hang in there!

Jess said...

Like the commenter above, I agree totally. It's perfectly fine for me to delude myself with, "It'll happen - the big man upstairs is just waiting until He knows you're ready." It's entirely another thing for someone else to tell me that...so just don't. I don't need you to tell me it'll be ok and work out - I just want you to shut up and be a shoulder to cry on when I'm frustrated that it's not "working out" as fast as I wanted it to.

Now *I* am getting on a rant. lol

Hang in there though - at least you've got a support network of people who know what you're going through!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Make sure you go to a doctor you like. I went to a PCP that I was not a fan of for 2 years and I cannot believe I lasted that long. If she recommended you to the not so great doctor, I might question her competence too.

~~HUGS~~