Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's finally over!

I don't know why, but I've totally not been looking forward to Christmas. I'm guessing it is because it doesn't mean much when there aren't little kids in the family. I have no nieces or nephews, and obviously no kids of my own, so it is just another day in my opinion.

However, I did have a really good day today. I made a pot roast in the crock pot with potatoes and carrots, and I baked a cherry pie. It was simple and yummy. Adam's mom, brother and his mom's boyfriend came over for dinner and we played Guitar Hero for about 3 hours. It was hilarious. There was a wide range of skill levels between the 5 of us, so it was amusing. It was just a nice night to hang out and spend time with the family.

My side of the family is getting together on Sunday to do our Christmas. My mom, who was stranded in WI, is coming home tomorrow night. It will be me, hubby, my bro and his girlfriend and my parents. We'll end up spending the day watching football and playing Wii.

I am glad though that all this build up to Christmas is over. This is the first year I had to shop on Christmas Eve. I had a good start to shopping (started in Sept.), but for some reason I just couldn't finish. Tomorrow I will start disassembling everything. I need to buy a couple of tubs to put wrapping paper/bags in and I need one for all my fall/Halloween stuff. OH! And I have to remember to buy a large bag to stuff the tree in. I've seen them at several stores, but I just need to remember to grab one.

I'm sitting here typing and talking to Adam at the same time. He just got done saying to me, "We need to have a baby by next Christmas for your sake and mine. Or else the holidays are going to be really miserable." I totally agree.

On a happy note. Remember in one of my early posts I talked about a friend of mine who was pregnant, but the baby had some deformities and just wasn't growing properly. Well, she was born yesterday, on Christmas Eve! That event, in itself, it a miracle. The doctors has suggested my friend abort the pregnancy since there were so many issues - they didn't think it would survive to term. They had a little girl, Daphne Faith. She still has a hole in her lung, so she's on a respirator. There are some other issues, but in my friend's email she didn't make it out to seem like such a huge deal. The doctors has told her not to prepare a nursery, since the baby, if born, would probably not make it home. Well, they are hoping to bring her home in two weeks. Wow, the power of prayer. It is such a miracle she is here. I just continue to pray that she is healthy enough to go home and live a quality life.

Alrighty, I'm off to spend the last hour and half of Christmas day enjoying my husband and the time we have alone together, because I'm hoping this is the last Christmas we will be alone!

I hope you all had a great day! Now we're on to the new year!

1 comment:

Leslie Laine said...

I agree with you completely - this is the first year I'm actually breathing a sigh of relief that it is all over. Hope you have a good 2009 - we're hoping for resolution too this year, but we are amazed at what we've survived so far...we're even stronger for it!