Monday, December 1, 2008

Holy Cannoli!

Wow, I had quite the holiday weekend! All I can say is busy, busy, busy! I had my grandma and a cousin fly in from Wisconsin for the week (they actually fly home tonight **sad**)

Wednesday: I was "released" from work at about 4pm (yay, and hour early!). I went home and made pumpkin pies, cooked the turkey brine, went to the grocery store and picked up the house. Stayed up until after midnight.

Thursday: Went to my parents around 1pm (after doing about 4 loads of laundry). Had dinner with the family (there were 11 of us). We stayed until about 8pm. Came home stuck the turkey in the brine.Some how I stayed up until 1 or 2 am.

Friday: Completely decked the halls for Christmas, did last minute cleaning, prepared Thankgiving dinner for 4 of us. Mmm...it was so tasty! Mom-in-law and her BF came over. They hung out until aroun 8 or so. Again, I stayed up until after midnight.

Saturday: had nail appointment, went to Costco, came home cleaned - AGAIN - made tacos, had 6 of my aunts, cousins, and grandma over. We played Wii for about 6 hours straight...and it was a blast (we may or may not have been a little tipsy **wink**)! Again, went to sleep around 1:30...

Sunday: didn't get out of bed until 11:30!!! Was a complete slug until 2:30 when I forced myself to get into the shower because I was going to my aunt's house for the final dinner with all the family. I didn't stay very long since I was so pooped. I left around 5:45 and came home and put my pj's on and laid on the couch until....about 11pm! I went to bed but the hubby followed. We laid in bed and talked until about 12...yes, MIDNIGHT! My alarm went off this morning and I about started crying. I'm soooo tired today! Thankfully it's been a fairly busy day at work, so the time has gone by fast.

Now tonight, when I get off work (about 15 mins) I'm driving my mom's car back to her house and getting my car back! YIPEE!!! We traded on Tuesday because my mom drives a Jeep Rubicon and my poor little grandmother couldn't get in and out of it. I have a CR-V, so that was a little easier for her. They are flying out tonight and are taking my aunts car to the airport, so I FINALLY get mine back. I miss it SOOO much!

Things I learned this weekend I'm thankful for:
1. Family (I've always been thanful for them, but I discovered how much more thankful I should be)
2. not being pregnant (I got to drink caffiene, drink alcohol, and not have to take pills or drive to Seattle)
3. last and not at all least - my hubby. He was such a trooper with going to my parents' for Thanksgiving. He really really wanted to go to his mom's, but we compromised. PLUS, he dealt with all 7 of us crazy ladies on Saturday night with all of our A/V needs.

I hope you all had a good holiday weekend. I am counting down the days until my two week vacation. December 19 can't get here soon enough!

No comments: