Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tomorrow is OPK day 1 of 5!

I don't know what I should do. Do I follow my doctor's advice and test with first morning urine (FMU) or follow Dr. Google's advice and test in the afternoon.

Dr. G's argument is that the LH hormone, that the test detects, is produced in the morning and not detectable until the afternoon...

...My doc had written that in his instructions to me. I didn't at the time know Dr. G's stance, so I didn't ask. I referred to the box and it doesn't specify a time.

As of right now, I am planning to test in the morning...and probably in the afternoon as well.

I know the tests are about $2 each (from Costco), but I don't want to miss anything. Besides I keep telling myself peeing on these sticks is still a hellova lot cheaper than going up to Seattle for ultrasounds a few times a month.

Like always...I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Jess said...

When I was testing for an LH surge, I bought a 28-day testing kit. In doing that, you can test twice a day for 14 days and follow both instructions! I don't remember the kit being too expensive - maybe $15.00? At any rate, good luck!