Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dr. Google

I've been trying really hard to find a side effect for Medroxyproges (generic for Provera) that would explain my roller coaster moodiness this week. So far I haven't found anything, but I know if I keep searching somewhere I'll find something to make me feel justified - lol!

I blogged a few days ago about me being a cry baby. Well, the tears have stopped, but the anger has surfaced. My poor Hubby got the brunt of it last night. He was just annoying the crap out of me - not his fault, he was just being himself. Everything was pissing me off. My dogs - I wanted to open the front door and let them free. My hubby - I wanted him to go away.

Even my dream last night. A little history first...for Christmas my parents have rented a condo and purchased plane tickets for me, Hubby, my brother and his girlfriend, and my parents to go to Florida for a week in April. So my dream was all of us in Florida, I think we were on a boat and my mom and I were fighting, like really yelling at each other. This is really odd for us, because we never fight - not because we don't piss each other off once in a while, but because we'd never talk about it, just let it fester until it goes away. I know, real healthy. So anyway, me fighting with my mom in my dream was strange. I guess even subconsciously I was pissy.

Today, so far so good - although I'm by myself. My dogs haven't been too terrible and Hubby is still sleeping. I have a roast a vegetables in the crock-pot so I won't have to worry about dinner later. I've been contemplating all day about whether or not I want to venture out to the mall or even to Costco, but I can't decide and now it's 1pm...Hubby will be up in a couple of hours, so I don't want to be gone too long. I really hate that I was so mean last night. I don't get to see him very often, since we works nights during the week. I want to be a nice wife tonight and have him wake up to the smell of dinner and my smiling face - not my angry face - lol :0)

1 comment:

Jess said...

First - in honor of being "all by yourself," you have to see this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_B5UrI7nAI Funny stuff.

When I swapped from Prometerium to the generic of Provera (same thing you're on), I noticed a huge change too. For a ray of sunshine, I haven't experienced it since the first month I was on the medication.

Keep your chin up! :)