Friday, February 26, 2010

My first early day

Today I left work early for the babies.

Yesterday was a bad day for BH contractions. The doc says I am allowed up to 10 a day and if I have more I need to call him. Well yesterday I'm pretty sure at at least got to 10 if not one or two over.

Today I decided I would take it easy and make myself sit at my desk at work and not do a bunch of running around. So many people at work have offered to do even the simplest things for me like filling my water bottle or getting documents off the printer for me. I normally hate asking for help, but today I was going to give in and let people help me. Well that didn't seem to help today. I had three by about 10am. I figured okay, I'll allow myself six and then I'll go home and relax. Well shortly after that I had another one. I decided to go talk to by boss and let her know I probably won't be staying the whole day. I told her why and she told me to go home now. At that time it was about 11:20, I decided I would leave at noon. So I did.

I came home ate some lunch and parked my keester in the recliner. I've probably had two or three more since I've been home, but I've been home for six hours...so I don't think that's so bad.

I did call my doc when I left the office just to let them know what's going on.

I'm only 25 weeks, I'd hate for anything bad to happen. I'm making myself swallow my pride and let people help me. Hubby has been so good. He was a little upset with me yesterday that I didn't leave work early, so I promised today I would be more careful.

I know I get them the most when my pelvis is really hurting me. It hurts me the most at work, because I'm sitting upright all day, so when I go to stand it is pretty painful then I contract. At home I'm reclined, with my feet up, so there is hardly any pressure at all on my pelvis. It is still uncomfortable to get up, but not as bad at all. I have a feeling that I'll be cut to half days sooner that later. In fact, at my appointment next week I'm going to let the doctor know I think that would be best. As much as it would suck financially, the babies are more important.

Now let me clarify the contractions I'm feeling. They aren't labor contractions, they are Braxton Hicks contractions. They aren't painful, but my uterus contracts and gets really hard. I have a hard time telling if I'm having one when I'm walking because my tummy gets tight when I'm standing anyway. If I feel like I might be having one while I'm walking, I stop and try to relax my tummy then push to see if it feels hard. I've also had a couple of these the last few night while I'm sleeping. It cramps so hard I wake up.

I'm assuming this weekend I'll be feeling better, since I'm pretty lazy on the weekends, then we'll see how next week goes. My appointment isn't until Thursday, so hopefully nothing happens between now and then. I'm so thankful my boss is treating me so good. The only thing she could do better is to get me a laptop (we have spares at the office) that has our database on it so I could work while I'm at home. That's the problem is the database. I guess they are concerned about security. Oh well...

No comments: