Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I get it now!

When I was going through all my infertility drama, during the treatments and the breaks, etc., I would notice almost all pregnant women seemed to constantly have their hand on their belly. Of course this would drive me crazy, like they were rubbing it in that they were pregnant and I wasn't - like their bulging belly wasn't enough of a reminder that I was broken - although they obviously didn't know what I was going through.

But, now, I think I get it.

I find myself with my hand(s) on my belly all the time and for different reasons:

While at my desk or lounging on the couch, if the babies are moving, I'll try to see if I can feel them on the outside;

While standing or walking, if I feel a contraction, I'll feel to see if it really is one, and;

While in the car, if I'm a passenger - and Hubby is driving, I'll put both my hands on my belly to keep them from getting sloshed around by his driving (which by the way, will need to change if he thinks he's driving MY kids around - lol).

******

Oh, and an update on the BH contractions I've been experiencing...

Work definitely seems to contribute to having more contractions. I've been diligently keeping track of how many I've had each day, since I had the "bad" day last Thursday. Here is my current breakdown:

Thursday - 10 or more (this is when I started keeping track)
Friday - 7 (I had 4 by 11am, so I went home at noon)
Saturday - 4
Sunday - 2
Monday - 7
Today - so far none, but it's only 10:30am.

I just have to get through today and tomorrow before my next appointment with the doc. I'm going to talk to him about what is going on, and of course depending on how my cervix is doing, I'd like to go to half days. Financially this would not be good, but the babies are more important at the moment and going to half days is better than not working at all. I only have about 10ish weeks to go, so in the grand scheme of things, that not that much longer.

1 comment:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.