Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Weekend Update

Well, now that it's Wednesday already, I guess I better post about my weekend!

Saturday I went to a baby consignment sale. I was very disappointed. They way it was advertised I thought it'd be a ton of furniture, clothes, gadgets, etc. Instead it was a fairly small conference area, with mostly vendors selling anything from baby stuff to candles and Tupperware. Then a large portion was racks of clothes. There was a VERY small area that actually had other "stuff". I did not buy one thing. My mom went with me and she bought some cute outfits, but that was about it. I think we spent a whopping hour...maybe an hour and a half there. Most of the time we were yakking with people my mom knew. I think the best part of that morning was going out to breakfast after. I had homemade cinnamon bread french toast. Mmm...I'm still thinking about it days later. If the restaurant wasn't 40 minutes away I'd go again tomorrow.

Sunday was my shower day. My.shower.day. I've been to so many, I never thought I'd have my own. It was very cool - although I will say, I'll be happy when the babies arrive so the attention goes to them and not me. I don't like to be the center of attention, it makes me nervous :0)

The shower was nice. There were about 20 friends and family there. My mom made a cute little diaper cake, and of course there were snacks and punch. Let me tell ya...these two little girls are so spoiled already. They got tons of gifts. I swear they won't wear the same outfit twice. We also seem to be pretty stocked on diapers for a while - and definitely wipes! I think I figured we have about 4,000 wipes and well over 1,000 diapers. AND one other nice thing is we got the car seats! They are sitting in my living room now, but I am planning to stick them in the car one of these days soon. That will be weird having car seats in my car. I'll have to take pictures - lol.

On Monday my mom came over and looked through the loot (since she didn't get a good look being busy at the party). She and my dad hauled it all back to the nursery, then I spent a good 2-3 hours that night organizing and putting away items. I'm not even done yet. I also got a wonderful surprise on Monday from my MIL. I got home from work and she was at the house visiting Hubby. She grabbed my hand and let me down the hall to the closed door of the nursery. I opened the door and to my surprise there was a glider chair and ottoman with a big soft blanket and pillow sitting on it. To top it off she gave me a framed piece that she (I think cross-stitched??) made when her kids were little and had it hanging while she rocked them in her rocker. Now I get to hang it in our nursery while I rock our babies. I love homemade family stuff like that. I got all choked up. Hubby says he remembers it hanging in their house for as long as he can remember. It was really really sweet.

Tomorrow I have my shower at work. Everyone is being all "hush-hush" about it. I hope it's not too big of a deal. Maybe this weekend I'll be able to go out and get the rest of the items we are missing. It's not much at all, but it's of course the bigger ticket items, like bedding, a pack n play, one of those strollers that the car seats can snap into, oh and bottles.

Also tomorrow morning I have a doctor appointment to check my cervix. Hopefully everything is still a-ok. I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow!!! I also want to ask him about the BH contractions again. I've had significantly less since I cut back my hours, but for some reason at night I have a lot while I'm sleeping. It seems like every time I roll over my uterus seizes up. I'm not sure there is anything I can do about it, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'll update you tomorrow on how everything goes! :0)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Ooh, I want to see pictures!!!!

And you'll definitely be amazed at how quickly you go through those diapers! I thought we'd have several month's worth, but you go through them like water.