Thursday, March 25, 2010

29 week appt

I had an appointment this morning. It was mainly to check my cervix. Before the u/s got started the doc asked me if I was on bed rest. I told him I was on half days. He said about this time he usually recommends bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy. My first thought was NOOO! Hubby is still a long ways away from going back to work and we are already on half my income. But...anything to get these girls here safely. So I swallowed hard and we proceeded with the u/s. THANKFULLY my cervix still looked good. He said it was a little shorter than before, but that is normal for a progressing pregnancy. I asked if I could still work half days and he, hesitantly, said yes, but I have to take it easy when I'm home. He said to have lazy weekends and lay on the couch and watch movies. I have a feeling maybe after my next appointment (in two weeks) he's going to put me on bed rest. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

My plan after work today was to go to the post office then to Costco...but I didn't do either. Instead I came home and ended up sleeping for 3 hours. I wish I could sleep good at night, then I wouldn't have to sleep for hours during the day.

Speaking of not sleeping at night, this last week or so I've been waking up contracting whenever I roll over. I told the doc about this and he said I may be getting dehydrated during the night so to keep water by the bed. I do that anyway, but mostly to sip if my throat gets dry. I guess I'll need to make sure I drink more. I feel like our water lately had crack in it. I drink so much water lately. I guess it's just natural since my body had all that extra blood and it changing out the amniotic water daily, but geesh, I drink a lot - and pee a lot! I've been getting up about every two hours at night to go to the bathroom, which is another reason I don't sleep great.

Dr. M took a quick look at the kiddos, and whaduyaknow, they flipped again. Baby A's head is now on the left and B's is on the right. I have no idea how they have room in there to do somersaults. We just took a quick look to make sure their hearts are still beating. Of course it took a minute to track down their hearts because they were moving so much :0)

Oh and my blood pressure was good. I think it was 118/63 - yay!

Next appointment is in two weeks. At that one he'll measure everyone again. Oh! Today my belly measured at 39 weeks!! No wonder my tummy muscles feel so tired after standing for a while!

No comments: