Thursday, March 18, 2010

28 weeks and stuff...

I'm 28 weeks today. Officially in the third trimester. I can't believe how fast time is flying! I'm so thankful that we have reached this major milestone. The doc mentioned way back when I was probably 14 weeks that 28 weeks was our first goal to get to. I made it - yay!

I had my follow up appointment at the UW Medical Center this morning for my blood pressure. I guess the pills I've been popping are doing their job. My bp was about 114/63. Not too shabby! According to their chart I'm finally where I'm supposed to be, as far as heart rate/bp, etc, for as far along as I am. Last time I was off the chart - yikes! They didn't do a new u/s but they looked at the last u/s I had two weeks ago from my other doctor and they said things are looking good. The girls were measuring a little above average. I knew that already, but it was good to hear again. I know one of the possibilities from taking the atenelol (sp?) is that it can hinder the baby's growth. Thankfully that isn't the case for me.

Over all, I'm pretty impressed with my body. It's finally giving me a break. It was such a struggle to get pregnant, I figured I'd have all kinds of issues once I got pregnant too. Thankfully (fingers crossed & knock on wood), I have had no big issues at all. My belly measured at 34 weeks today, which is a little bigger than is "should" be, but since the girls are a little bigger too, I'm guessing it's no big deal.

In other news, poor Hubby is STILL in the hospital. When he had his surgery last Thursday we anticipated him being discharged on Monday or Tuesday. Due to an infection he got in one of his wounds, he's still there. They thought he might be able to come home today, but it's now 12:30pm and still no word if that is going to happen. I'm guessing it will be tomorrow. Poor guy has had nothing but trouble his whole stay at the hospital. If you ask me, they are all a bunch of idiots and I'm reconsidering my loyalty to that hospital and thinking delivering up north doesn't sounds like such a bad idea after all. If you're the praying type, send one up for him. He's in a lot of pain and his body is working really hard to heal itself. :0(

Well, I think that about wraps it up. I have a consignment sale to go to on Saturday, my baby shower on Sunday and my work shower next Thursday. I can't wait to start setting up the nursery and putting everything away!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Glad things are going well. How exciting, baby shower, and decorating. Congrats on reaching a HUGE milestone. That was the big one for us because I wanted to be able to deliver them in our home town and to do that I had to reach 28 weeks.

finding_ac said...

HEYYYYY!!! i am glad things are going well, i have been praying. I am going to that great wolfe consignment sale too...did you sign up as a new mom so that you could get the free prize and so you could get in early at 8 am?? i did, maybe i will see you there, it would be neat to see your bumperoo in person!

♥ ac