Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hip Hip Hooray!

I have to admit, I was really not looking forward to my appointment this morning, since I was assuming it'd be a big fat waste of time. I grumbled as set my alarm last night and hated hearing it go off this morning. I get to the appointment, I get called back 15 mins late. Sat have naked on the table for another 15 mins.

Finally, Dr. M comes in and starts the ultrasound. Checks my lining - good. Checks my right ovary - BAM! It's huge! 23mm! Woohoo! I could almost see the confetti falling from the ceiling. I was so happy! Left ovary - nothin - but that's okay, it only takes one!

We made a plan: Tonight - HCG injection at 11pm. Monday - Hubby gives sample at 1pm and I go in at 2pm for the IUI.

Yay!! I'm a little nervous for the IUI, just because it's the first time I have ever done an IUI. I am A LOT nervous about the injection tonight. Hubby has handled needles before because he gave vaccinations to dogs his family used to breed, but never to a human. I'm not excited about being th Guinea Pig. The doc and the nurse gave me the directions on how to swab myself with alcohol and mixing the vials, etc.

I'm thankful for distractions during this time. Tonight we are going out to dinner with hubby's dad and his girlfriend for our birthdays. Tomorrow I have a friend coming over to visit. I'm sure on Monday I will feel like the morning is taking forever, but hopefully I'll be busy. AND, thankfully, I'm leaving for Florida on vacation on April 10, so getting ready for the trip will be a good distraction for me to. I guess I'll be testing April 13. Woot!! woot!!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Yay! Good luck with everything!

melissa said...

Jen!!! I'm so happy for good news!! Maybe Daphne will have a twin. =) (1 year apart, of course.)

1luckychick said...

Good luck with the shot and with the IUI. It is a breeze! I got pregnant 2 times with IUI and I pray you will too!