Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy for AF?!?!?! What the....???

I went to the bathroom this morning at work and notice spotting...I instantly got a little giddy. What the heck??? I think this is the first time I ever had a positive emotion toward AF...ever! I guess I'm excited because this is a new beginning. I called and left a msg for the dr. this morning to get my prescription for Femara. I haven't heard back yet, but when he calls I have a few questions too, like:

1) When do I start the OPK's? I've never used them before
2) When, exactly, do I call for my IUI? never had one before either
3) Am I getting an HCG injection? I have for all my other cycles
4) What is the cost for the IUI?...I guess it doesn't matter, but I want to be prepared.

Alright, ya'll, I'm home on my lunch hour and have to head back. I see there are several new posts today, I'm looking forward to coming home and reading them all.

4 comments:

SCS said...

I feel your excitment for AF!!! I'm still waiting for mine to start after the prometrium...I think I feel crampy...and that makes me really happy...seriously whats wrong with that picture :p Who is happy to get AF cramps or start their period...I'll tell you who...emotional women with PCOS who are dying to have babies of their own!! Good luck with your cycle...yeah for Cycle day one for you...and lots of sticky baby dust!!!

Leslie Laine said...

Good for you - sounds exciting! It's nice to welcome her sometimes.

Jess said...

The clinic that my husband and I go to charge around $1000 for IUI, covering everything with it (except medication that you'd take before it). Just to give you a ballpark. Not sure if my clinic is high or low on the expense scale, and I don't really care since I love my doctor!

So yay for a new cycle!! Now if mine would just start...

Katie said...

opk's are fun! If you have an idea of when you usually O, I would start the opk's around 5 days earlier than you expect your O to take place.

You don't want to use the FMU (first mornings urine) with pks, it's better to use your second. Something about the L hormone... I can't remember lol.

The lines get darker as you get closer to ovulating. When the line is as dark or darker you should O within 2 days! That's when you get busy!

I still check in on you all the time and I will keep you in my prayers.

:) Katie H.