Tuesday, October 21, 2008

quick quote

I was watching Oprah today. She had a woman on who suffered from a major stoke 12 years ago - who also happens to be a brain doctor. This woman completely recovered and wrote a book about her experience. Here is a quote Oprah read from the end of this woman's book called Stroke of Insight by Jill Bolte Taylor:

"Your body is the life force and power, of some 50 trillion molecular geniuses. You and you alone choose moment by moment who and how you want to be in the world. I encourage you, pay attention to what is going on in your brain. Own your power and show up for your life. Beam bright."

These things keep jumping out at me. I got all choked up as Oprah was reading. I probably rewound that part three times to listen to her read it. What really stood out to me is "you alone choose moment by moment who and how you want to be in the world". I have to choose to be positive. I have to choose not to let my negative thoughts come in. Whew, I'm really getting this lesson pounded in, aren't I?

No comments: