Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

Well, as you can tell by the subject line, my appointment did not go well. First off, I left my house at 5:30 in the dense fog and with dense drivers. Of course there was bad traffic and I ended up being about 10 minutes late to my appointment. My appointment was at 7am...and I understand that I was late, but I was the only one in the waiting room...I did not get brought back until 7:45!!! I was a little irked. Especially since 7am is their first appointment time, so how can they be that behind already?!?!?!

Then, I had my ultrasound. Big Fat Nothin'. I actually have one follicle that is about half of what it should be. They are hoping is grows and I'm scheduled to go back Friday at the same time and another $150 (whah!!). I'm crossing my fingers that this last clomid round isn't a bust.

Remember a couple of days ago I said that I needed some good news coming my way? Well, it hasn't happened, I've just been hearing more bad news.

So my appointment this morning definitely got me bummed. I had a good cry on the drive back to work. But, I found out when I got to work that there was a fatality accident on I-5 right in Olympia last night and the person who died was in a coworkers' wedding about a month ago. I was at that wedding. I don't know who specifically is was, but it is very very sad none the less. So, I got another little cry out of that one.

I had to pull myself together though because I have a department meeting that ended up lasting 1 1/2 hours!! Whew. Here it is 12:20 and I am just finally ready to do some work - after blogging of course.

After I got out of my meeting my hubby had texted me about his LNI claim. Bad news again. I don't think I've talked about it yet, but almost 4 years ago he got hit by a drunk driver while working. He has finally recovered (after back surgery last summer) but he's been dealing with LNI to get lost wages. Anywho, long story short...they only want to pay him for a small portion of the time they originally said they were going to. So I'm a little peeved about that.

Well, here's to hoping the second half of my day goes better than the first!!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Hang in there! Keep your hopes up and stay positive!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Ugh. I hear you on waiting for doctors appointments. There is nothing worse than rushing to get there on time, being delayed, and then being forced to wait forever (even when you have a good book to read). I'm hoping your day gets better!!

And I wanted to say thank you for the encouragement. It really means a lot.
***HUGS***

Anonymous said...

When it rains it pours huh. I hope that come Friday that little follicle catches up and makes this month the one!