Friday, November 13, 2009

In other news...

My first post this morning was just supposed to be a recap of what's going on, how I'm feeling etc. Well, it went a different direction, and that's fine. I guess I needed to get that off my chest.

But in other news, I'm actually feeling better than I have the last couple of weeks. For a while I was super nauseous for a few hours in the morning. On the verge of vomiting the whole time. Then I'd feel okay for the afternoon and then after dinner I'd be laid out on the couch for the night.

This week THANKFULLY, I'm doing better. I'm still a little queasy in the morning, but it nothing like it was. Mostly, I'm really mucousy and trying to get rid of that in the mornings makes me gag and come close to puking. I do for sure have to eat something either before I leave the house or in the car on the way to work. If I wait too long it makes me really sick. My breakfast of choice has been a bagel and cream cheese. Then when I get to work I have a banana or an apple or something. I've discovered that peanut butter doesn't like me anymore. I still like it, but it makes my stomach hurt.

Smells are still really bothering me. It seems I've adopted my basset hounds nose. I can smell other peoples food from a mile away. Perfume is especially bad.

I've managed to make dinner twice this week. I made some minestrone soup, which tasted pretty good, but I can't bring myself to eat the left overs so they are going in the freezer tonight. I also made a roast with potatoes and carrots and that was super yummy. I scarfed almost half of it the first night, hubby at a little (he's been sick :0() and then I polished it off the next day. I have the fixin's for beef stew, but I didn't manage to get that prepared last night to go in the crock pot today, so that will have to be dinner tomorrow. I'm not normally a huge beef eater. I like it and I do eat it occasionally, but normally we have chicken for dinner. Lately, I've had a hard time with chicken, so I'll eat what I can. It beats the toast, Eggos, and cold cereal I lived off of for the first few weeks.

On one more note - finding maternity clothes sucks. I hate clothes shopping anyway, because I'm tall and well, wide. It's hard to find stuff that fits and looks okay. I was dreading having to find maternity pants, but I had no choice since I've already had to start wearing mine unbuttoned with a rubber band about the button and hole. It turns out it is really hard to even find a store that carries maternity clothes to begin with. I've tried Sh.opko, Wal.mart, K.ohls, and Tar.get so far. I have Se.ars, JC.Penny, and Ol.dNa.vy left to try before I start hitting up Mo.therhood, etc. I have a hard time justifying spending a bunch of money on clothes I'm going to wear for less than a year. But really, what choice do I have. My rubber bands only stretch so far :0) I did look at belly.bands or whatever they're called at T.arg.et, but of course they didn't have my size...

I think that's about it for now. Of course my hiney is still recovering from all the shots, and it's still tender, but I'm loving going to bed every night when I want and not having to wait for Hubs to get home from work to inject me!

On that note, I better get back to work. Two hours left before the weekend! Woohoo!

P.S. Tomorrow I'm 10 weeks already!!!! Next u/s is on Wednesday!

3 comments:

Jess said...

My friend Wendy loved her "Bella Band." (They do sell that at Target, among other places as well.) You might give that a whirl. Also, consider shopping in a plus size catalog (such as Woman Within) that has elastic-waisted pants. You may feel like an old lady wearing them, but since tunic-style tops (or at least longer tops) are now in fashion, you're the only one who has to know they're elastic...and they're generally cheaper and should last longer too!

Crazy Cowans said...

Hi new to your blog congrats on the Twins!! I also have PCOS and all the "joys" that come with that! 3 years ago when I was preg with my little girl (after years of trying and IUI) I HATED trying to find cloths! And for the most part had to buy on line for the bigger sizes. Don't know what size you are you may be way smaller but here is where I found my cloths I am and was a 20-22 so JC Penny on line, Motherhood on line (some in stores) and Old navy on line and I found this store http://www.onestopplus.com/Plus-Size-Maternity.aspx?DeptId=11604 hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

I am not a lot of help with the pregnancy clothes thing, but just wanted to stop in and say HI. And thank you for posting all the nice comments on my blog. Sometimes that's just the pick me up that I need.

www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com