Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve

I figured I'd get this posted today since I know I won't be home tomorrow to do it. This year has been quite the roller coaster. Possibly the biggest ride of my life. Strangely though, as much as I hated my fertility journey, I can't help but be a little thankful for it. Experiencing all the treatment, emotional and physical pain, and the stress has brought me closer to God and to my husband.


I have never prayed so much as I have this year - particularly the last several months. Although I didn't always get what I asked for at the time, I did feel His comfort and peace when I needed it the most.


My husband and I have grown so close during this time. It has been hard on both of us. He has been so supportive and as understanding as he can be. I can already see the kind of father that he will be and it makes me choke up with happiness. We've been though a lot of trials since our wedding 4 years ago, and we always seem to pull out of it together and stronger than ever.


I'm also thankful for the support I've had from my mother-in-law, my friend Rita, a couple of new(er) friends Heather and Amanda, and my coworker Jen. They all have been there for me to talk to or offer advice or sympathy. I've really appreciated having people to be able to talk too, even if they can't totally relate to what I'm going through, they've been there. And that's important.


Of course I can't leave out my doctor. He is quirky, a little strange, and his office staff drive me crazy...but however they are, they did their job. I'm pregnant. I never thought I would say those words, but it's true. Dr. M actually took the time to review my situation at every appointment and to make adjustments as he saw fit. I'm very thankful for that.


And last, but not at all least, the blogger world! I cannot thank you all enough. Not only the comments I've received, but being able to read others' stories of success and continued treatment has really helped me feel not so alone, and has given me hope for myself. Thank you bloggy friends, you mean so much to me!
So thank you all, this has been quite the year. I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow.







1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love the comic! Happy Thanksgiving!