Monday, April 6, 2009

Halfway there!

Today marks the halfway point. This time next week I'll be peeing on a stick again. I really have been a roller coaster of emotions this last week. I'm blaming hormones, but who knows. I've had more lows than highs, but what else is new :0)

I did have a very good weekend though. I visited my friend and her new baby on Friday night, so cute!! Saturday I did a little yard work (since it was near 70 degrees!!) and visited with some other girl friends. Sunday, I mowed the lawn and cleaned up the yard some more (was even warmer outside!) and watched Lost with my friend who was catching up on the episodes.

Now it's crunch time. I have a list of chores to do at the house and a list of work to be done at the office in the next four days. Then it's OFF TO FLORIDA!! I'm excited. I can't wait to have 10 days of chilling out in the warm climate right on the beach.

I think I mentioned this before, but I had hoped the impending vaction would distract me from thinking about testing...well it's just made me think about both...all the time! I feel like I have a little angel on one shoulder encouraging me and telling me that it could happen this time. I have heard from several fellow bloggers that they got pregnant on their first IUI. But the little devil on the other shoulder is saying "don't kid yourself, you'll never get pregnant". And why is it we always listen to the negative? I guess, because in my case, the negative has be right for the last 3 1/2 years.

I was just telling hubby last night that I hate that the PMS symptoms and pregnancy symptoms are the same thing. I feel a lot going on, but I guess it could mean either thing...I'll just have to keep waiting until next week. It's a real bummer that the alternative to getting a positive is getting my period...on vacation too...lame!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hang in there! Don't blame it all on hormones - it's normal to be on the rollercoaster right now because this is a VERY emotional time. Counting down the last week with you!