Thursday, April 2, 2009

Waiting for Marriage

All I can do now is wait for the marriage of Adam's sperm and my egg. Yes, it is official, my follicle burst, so my lil' eggy is or has made its way down my fallopian tubes.

I thought with the Florida trip as a distraction I'd not think so much about the 2ww, but I find myself thinking about Florida AND the 2ww ALL THE TIME.

I got to see a little personality out of Dr. M this morning. I've said before how weird and quirky and, well, weird he is. Nice guy and all, but just a little socially awkward. Anywho, while I'm laying there getting my vag probed he's talking to the nurse about so-and-so being out of the office today and what is he supposed to do about cookies, because she makes good cookies and the nurse is saying well, this other so-and-so will be here at 11 and she makes good cookies too. They were laughing...it was kind of weird. THEN when I met him in his office afterward to talk about the u/s I reminded him that I will be out of town the week I'm testing or getting my period. He asked where I was going and then proceeded to pull this very large atlas out of his desk drawer and we looked at the map and talked about the naval base near Pensacola and how it'd be a nice day trip to visit (for him not me)...it was kind of nice to see that he's human.

Then he wrote me a prescription to get my blood drawn at any ol' hospital while I'm in Florida if I get a positive test or miss my period. Not exactly what I'd like to do on my vacation, but hey, if it gives me a positive result that will make it the best darn vacation ever!!!

No comments: