Monday, April 6, 2009

Some people's children!

I went to Dr. M's office today to get my blood drawn to check my progesterone. Not so lucky me, I get GA girl to do it (you will remember her from this post). I was really hoping it wouldn't be her...Anyway, as she stabs me with the needles she asks, in a demanding way "Are you pregnant yet?!?" I was rather shocked, and then pissed, but said something like "I don't know, I'll find out next week. I hope so." She replies "I hope so too" (in a tone that makes me feel like my appointments are keeping her from her precious television shows!).

I'm like - helllooooo! you know why I'm here, I see you at least once a week. Look at my damn chart if you can't remember. Ugh. She should know, working in a fertility clinic, the reason I'm here. AH!! I was so mad. But I had the needle jabbed in my arm to keep me calm. I really wanted to kick her or say something back...but I just gritted me teeth and walked out when she was done. How rude!

And, speaking of people's children being rude...well, I guess it's not rude, but some people just don't know any better. I'm really kicking myself for opening my big fat mouth and telling some people at work about my "situation". Twice already today (and it's only 1:20) I've been asked about pregnancy...one of the people I don't even remember saying anything to, so either I just plain don't remember or someone else told. I hate that when people tell someone else's news. I have confided in a few select people about what is going on, but the rest I regret. One girl, she is the dumbest person I think I've ever met, and I don't mean that in a bad way, but really she is stupid...anyway every frickin' time I see her she asks me when I'm going to take a test and everytime frickin' time I tell her when I'm on vacation. Some of us at the office call her "Big R", it means "big retard". I know, I know, it is mean and horrible, and I do feel bad...sometimes. Really, you just have to know her.

Another girl today saw my taped cotton ball on my arm and asked if I donated blood. I said "Not voluntarily" and she said "OH! Is is for...(she then started rubbing her belly)" I said we'll find out....(ugh!) - she is the one I don't know how she knows. As she's making a big deal out of it another lady come by and she's like "what? what?" I keep walking and don't even look at her and I said "it's nothing".

Some people's children...

1 comment:

Katie said...

:( I'm sorry some people are so insensitive. I can't imagine dealing with that everyday.

Good luck! God has your children all lined up and ready, and they will be here right on time. I have faith that a miracle is just around the bend for you and many blessings are in your future!!!