Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wow...men...

To celebrate Administrative Professionals Day, my office takes our "support staff" out to lunch (there are 6 girls). It is really just us, the support staff manager and the VP of Operations. We have to take a few cars to get everyone to the restaurant, so me and another coworker ride with the VP. The VP drove, the coworker was riding shotgun and I was in the backseat.

We barely even make it out of the parking lot when VP says "So, Jen, any plans in the near future?"

I'm like, huh??? I say "What do you mean?"

He says "Ya know, like in the next 6-12 months, anything going on?". As soon as he said this I knew what he was asking. I was completely mortified. Thankfully the coworker knows my "situation" and she just kept her mouth shut and looked out the window.

I replied back something like "I don't know what you are talking about".

He then said "Well, you're young and newly married. Do you guys plan on having kids?" Um, what?!?!

"I say, yes, eventually, when the timing is right, we'd like kids..."

He says "Do you want to be mom?"

I'm like "Uh, yes, that would be nice..." Then THANKFULLY the coworker changed the subject.

I couldn't believe he would just bluntly come out and ask me that! I mean hello!! how rude!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Sympathy Story: I have the younger brother of a student I had a few years ago, so I knew his mom when she came in. I was wearing one of those criss-crossed, empire waisted shirts. She ran in, gave me a huge hug, and asked me when I was due. I wanted to say, "Gee, thanks for making me feel fat. I'm burning this shirt tonight." She, of course, felt awful. Sometimes women are just that dumb too, bless their hearts. :D