Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to!

Yes, it is my birthday today and despite my good appointment this morning. I am feeling a little depressed. I have been moody and irritable all week. I'm blaming it on hormones, but I really don't know for sure. I seriously feel like I could break down and cry at any minute.

Before 8am this morning I started getting texts from my friends wishing me a happy birthday. Then I get one from my mom. Yep, that's right. She didn't even call me, she texted me. Nice, huh? That is what started my bad mood.

I'm going to whine a little about my family (which I try not to do on here, because that could be a whole other blog in itself!) - so bear with me. In January, my little, felon, brother turned 22. For his birthday my mom asked him what he wanted for dinner. He wanted homemade chicken noodle soup. My mom is not much of a cook, so I went over to help her. We made noodles from scratch and everything. Today, the good daughter that I am, I get a text. I reply to the text "what are you making me for dinner - j/k! :0)". I figure she'll reply with whatever you want, or something like that. She writes back "grilled steak". She doesn't invite me over or anything. Well, I don't want steak for dinner, so I'm not going. I know that may be childish on my part, but we have 27 years of history together and that is just how I feel today. To top it off I've been thinking all week what I wanted for dinner, thinking she would ask, like she has for a long as I can remember. I usually say "I don't know" or "I don't care, surprise me", well I actually thought of something...but I guess I dont' get to choose this year.

Well, wouldn't ya know, as I'm typing this I get another TEXT from her..."will Adam be joining us?". Oh, so I guess I am invited. Whatever. Since I am a nice person and a HUGE pushover I won't say anything, I'll go over there with a smile on my face and pretend like nothing is bothering me. Ugh, I hate myself sometimes.

Oh and just to give you a snipet of my mother. She doesn't ask me EVER about this fertility stuff. I asked her once if she read my blog and she said my situation depresses her so she doesn't want to read about it. Thanks for your support MOM!! I told her about my IUI Monday - when she called me asking about luggage knowing I was having it done that day. After I was finished, she changed the subject to how happy she is to have the rest of the week off and how she gets to sleep in. URG!!!

The alternative to going over there is to go home, alone (since Hubby is working tonight) and have dinner by myself. This is a much more attractive option to me. Oh well.

Okay, I'm done ranting now. Happy frickin' birthday to me!!

4 comments:

Leslie Laine said...

Well, Happy Birthday. I hope that this is the beginning of a very great year for you!

melissa said...

just so you know, i remembered it was your birthday. we'll have a little mini-party tomorrow. =)

Just Believing said...

Happy birthday to you! Mine is tomorrow so we are april girls together!!!!

Jess said...

Happy belated birthday!