Monday, April 27, 2009

Here's yer sign!!

I'm fat.

I know that I can afford to lose a pound or 50, but I keep putting it off. I always say "I"ll start on Monday"...well, it is Monday and I sure got a sign this morning. I put on some slacks for work and I was thinking as I was walking around the house that they felt a little bigger than normal. I thought "Cool, I'm losing weight without even trying!". Well, I realized when I got to work that I busted out my zipper!!! Not the zipper itself, but the stitching that attaches my zipper to my pants...ya, it's gone! So, until I go home for lunch today I'm going to have to make sure my shirt is pulled down as much as it can when I'm walking around...but mainly I think I'll sit at my desk for the next 2 1/2 hours.

If busting a seam in my pants isn't a sign enough for me...then I don't know what is!! **insert the V8 sound of someone knocking me on the head**

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You get a gold star for the sound effect! That's a funny story, glad there wasn't public embarrassment involved.

I'm in the losing weight camp right now too. But on the plus side, now that I'm on metformin, I've found that when I watch what I eat I actually do lose weight. Magic. I wish I would have started met years ago.

Just Believing said...

First of all I am sure you are beautiful no matter what! Second of all I own 13 pairs of pants, I fit into 2 one of them being maternity pants I bought when going thru IF treatments and my belly would buldge...Losing weight is so hard and every MOnday comes and goes fo r me too! Maybe we should make a try to pact here or something :) Be weight loss buddies too :)

Jess said...

Pick me! Pick me! I need a weight loss buddy! :)

I did that last year, but I did it with a button. The button had come off before, so I sewed it and that sonofathing wasn't gonna budge. The button didn't - the fabric did. Could have been worse though - you may not have been wearing a shirt long enough to pull down!