Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Odd phone call...

Yesterday I called Dr. M's office about starting Provera so I can move on to the the next cycle. I had to leave a message with the more competent of the two receptionists. That's beside the point, anyway, Dr. M just called me back. He said he was calling because I called asking for Provera. I told him, I really just called to see if that what he thought I should do, since I don't have my periods on my own. He said, so you didn't get your period(sounding hopeful)? My first thought was duh I got my period why else would I be calling you, if I didn't do you think I wouldn't think I was preggo!! But I said, yes, I got my period. It started on Easter. He mumbled "that's disappointing" and then said "you got a negative urine test?" I panicked for a second...I said "yes, I got a negative"...but the truth is, I got my period the day I was going to take a test. I don't know why I didn't tell him that, and why I felt like I needed to lie...

Anyway, he said that I need to come in on Monday for a progesterone test and if that turns out negative then I'll start the Provera.

Now I'm sitting here thinking about those stories you hear about women who thought they had their period, but they didn't and they were actually pregnant (I did watch that "I didn't know I was pregnant" show on the Discovery Channel last night...bad idea...)And I'm thinking about if that's true that I've damaged my poor lil' fetus because I drank two alcoholic drinks last Friday.

I'm sure it will be negative, but I'm going to take a test just to be sure...too bad I pee'd recently. I guess I'll have to wait a while. Darn doctor, getting me all confused.

I'll let you know if any amazing miracles happen tonight...but don't hold your breath, I'm not...but I just wouldn't be able to sleep tonight without confirming.

...very odd indeed...

3 comments:

Just Believing said...

hat sos funny i had a similar story this month my urine tests were all negative but theni had like on eday of bleeding followed by 2 nothign days and al ight day...but still negative test...but just funny cuz i watch that show too!!!

Amanda said...

Oh, those shows can be bad for you. I haven't seen it, and I know weird stuff happens, but sometimes I still wonder about the women that have those experiences.

Unfortunately, I bet you just didn't get lucky last month and even if you did, 2 drinks is nothing. Hopefully you'll have better luck next cycle.

I will say I do always have some kind of secret fantasy that I'm one on those women that has a 'period' and is pregnant, but I always get a baseline u/s and there is always nothing there, no sac, no lining, no CL. Nothing says BFN like a u/s.

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing you journey! This blog made me smile! Just wanted to let you know there is a PCOS ladies club over at http://my.bounty.com/forums/ where people with PCOS can share experiences and give each other support! Would be lovely to see you all over there! xx