Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Coworkers

Ya can't live with 'em, but you can't live without 'em. I felt compelled to send an email to some coworkers today regarding my "fertility situation". It was really only aimed at one person in particular, but becuase I'm a passive person, I didnt' want to single her out, so I sent it to about 4 people. I spoke with the other three about it so they knew it really wasn't meant for them. I decided to send this after this mornings "interrogation" when I first walked in the door. This coworker LOVES to gossip and get new information. Stupid me, I've been keeping her in the loop with all my "treatments". This morning as soon as I walk in she asks - "so, how are you feeling? Are your boobs sore yet????". Instantly I was pissed. Through my teeth I told her that I felt fine and that even if I am pregnant I wouldn't know it for two weeks. Here is the email I sent:

Good morning!

I just wanted to send a quick note to those who know about my current treatment. It is very exciting what the next two weeks could hold for me, but it is also very real and emotional for me. There is a good chance it could have a negative outcome. I appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm, but please don’t get your hopes up yet, and try not to get mine up. I have been dealing with this “situation” for 3 ½ years and it’s all been disappointment. I won’t know if it is a negative or positive result until the week of the 13th and I will be on vacation. As I usually do, I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks for your understanding!


Straight and to the point. This person has not said another word to me all day - woohoo! :0)

1 comment:

melissa said...

way to be all grown up and smooth! I'm glad she backed off.