Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Conception Chronicles

The Conception Chronicles, by three authors; Debano, Menzel and Sutphen. Have any of you read it?

I think it is a pretty good book for TTC beginners. Nothing really related to me until about halfway through. It was a good book though about these three women and what they went through on their journeys. More than once they wrote about things I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

They talked a lot about experiencing each step of the TTC process with your spouse. It ranged from just starting with quitting the pill, to Clomid, to IUI, injectables and IVF. They even touched on adoption, surrogacy, and donors.

Anyway, I wouldn't say to run out and buy it, but if you are fairly new to the "game" and want to brush up on the processes of things, I think this is a good one to borrow from the library.

Most of it is available on books.google.com if you'd like to read some before committing.

2 comments:

1luckychick said...

I read this book when I first started and it was great. A few good eggs was a good one too. I have been on a forced break for 6 months but I am surely going to start reading/obsessing next month when we start ttc again!

Nicole said...

Hi from Blogger Bingo!

I totally know how you felt when you started to realize you were not alone in this whole trouble with TTC business. The community really is vast, don't you think? I know I started finding all kinds of people once I opened up about our own journey. For me, it was very cathartic. Good luck and hope you get to your end very soon!